cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update qualifier table directly using import manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please can you let me know how to update a qualifier table directly through import manager?

The records that I need to update do not have any relation with main table records as of now.

I would be relating the qualifier table records with main table records in the future.

e.g:

I have a repository called library with main table called "books".

There is a qualifier table called "branch", which has three fields, "Name" "address" "phone".

I want to add number of records in the "Branch" qualifier table using import manager.

These branches are not associated with any "books" as of now. So, I want to add them directly without associating them with any records in "books" table.

Please can you let me know how can I do it?

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Only non qualifier can update without maintable.

If you want to update the qualifier then you have to update with the help of main table only>

because maintable attach with qualified table only through qualifier>

thanks<

sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sandeep

I agree with Sudhanshu.

You can use the following workaround-

Define a dummy non-lookup field(NQ, say ID) in the qualified table, define all the other fields as qualifiers, and do not make the dummy field a display field. The qualified table will contain a single dummy record(making it memory efficient) that links to the qualifier values, which will contain the actual subtable information. This approach provides no lookup value selection when specifying the values for the qualified lookup field during data entry, and no validation against subtable values or records, because all the information is stored as qualifiers.

Now you can use Qualifier update option during import for getting values.

hope this helps-Ravi

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can populate qualified table with all the possible values of NON-Qualifiers. To do this you have to select qualified table as Destination table in import manager and map all non qualifier fields. But You can only populate qualifier field values while importing Main table records and it is not possible to populate qualifier values in advance as per MDM design.

For example, Suppose you have a table "Pricing Data" with Region as Non Qualifier field and Currency and Amount as qualifier fields. Then you can populate all the possible values of regions in advance by selecting Pricing data table as destination table in import manager. But you can populate Currencies and amount values only while importing main table records as they vary from record to record basis.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Best Regards,

Shiv