cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappeared UI Element (Button) in WD Application in Runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi community

We are facing a strange behaviour on one of our JAVA WebDynpro applications. When accesssing the application with a certain user account (out of almost 15'000 users of the application) a button of the application is not visible. There is no code in the application that controls the visibility of this button. It is set statically to "visible". Therefore we are sure, that the code of the application is not the cause for the described behaviour.

The problem is account dependent and machine indepedendent. E.g. logging in on another machine with the same user credentials results in the same behaviour. With all the other accounts, the application runs fine.

Does anybody have an idea what could cause this strange behaviour?

Kind Regards

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to clear personalization cache for that user.

Best Wishes

Idhaya R

0 Kudos

Hi Idhaya,

how can I clear/reset the personalization chache for WEBDYNPRO personalization for a specific user?

When displaying the PORTAL personalization (Systemadmin -> Support -> PCD -> Personalization cleanup -> principal <username>) I can only see an entry like USER.R3_DATASOURCE.<username>

Regards,

Manuel

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

Once you click on USER.R3_DATASOURCE.<username> , it will show list of objects. that you need you need to clear for the user.

Please refer to [blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3811] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun Jaiswal

0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

thanks, it helped to click on the username-link

it then shows the personalized portal objects. WD personalization seems to be stored on the role (not the iView).

Regards,

Manuel

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was, that the user herself used the dynpro personalization. hence a click with using the +ctrl button allowed the user to re-display the necessary button.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

maybe the user did hide it using wd-personalization. Did you exclude this possibility already?

Regards,

Manuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

I never heard about such a problem. We have applications that are used with more than 10.000 Users without a problem.

My experience with WD is, if you have strange behaviors, delete the UI-element and reload refresh insert a new on with new ID and test it again.

In our application a lot over Buttons are set to Visibilty.visible and Visibilty.NONE and all of them are working.

Is there a UI-Element with the Same ID? ......

I hope this helps

regards

Gunter

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander ,

Really Strange !!!!!

What is the Browser you are using for accessing your application ?? Account dependent and Machine indepedendent its more strange !!

Is your server is in 32 bit or 64 bit system???

Please reply with system and machine details..

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running the portal on a 64BIT machine. 2 Hardware instances, with 3 Nodes each.

We never experienced such problems before.

the problem is aswell reproducable in different browsers (we tested it on IE 7.0 and Firefox 3.6)

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

It is, indeed, a strange (or should I say interesting) problem. If it is account dependent then I guess you can try to delete/re-create the user account to see if that fixes the problem. With more than 15000 users, I think this method causes the least impact.

Regards,

Dao