Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass change of telephone extension within SU01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We would like to change for alls the users within SU01 the telephone extension within tcode SU01.

Unfortunately the tcode SU10 does not have the option to mass change the telephone extension.

Is there some possibilities to do this via BADI/user exit?

The appropriate data element I guess is AD_TLXTNS1.

Any helpful informataion will be very appreciated

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am away from my system. But does Su10 has that option.

You can do a quick check whether Su10 resolves ur issue.

Cheers

ElNino

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look into ECATT, theres quite a few tutorials on-line on how to use it to perform mass changes

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If its a common extension you can do it via su10 (address data tab - extension) else if its unique for all the users then use ecatt or write a bdc program to update extensions for all the users.

Regards,

Manjunath

0 Kudos

Hi!

Unfortunately it is not possible to change telephone extension via SU10.

Within address tab of mass change (SU10) only company can be changed, but not telephone extension.

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Didn't you read the thread?

0 Kudos

Yes, I have read the thread.

Neither on your recommended site , nor with LSMW and via SU10 I cannot find the possibility for mass change of user telephone extension.

Thank you!

0 Kudos

anyways, This is a SAP SECURITY related question, so, you should post this in the right forum at

0 Kudos

Moved to Security Forum

0 Kudos

Holger, what problem are you having with eCATT? I have just tried this and I can change extension via eCATT with no problem.

The script was simple - just parameterise the userID and the extension field and have your ID's & extensions in your variants screen/file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do some research on LSMW. This is a definite solution.

I did it yesterday and it worked. You will find step by step document on google.

It will take around 15 minutes to configure the same but it would be easier for you next time.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/LSMWFORCHANGINGMASSPASSWORDS

Hope this helps

Cheers

ElNino

Former Member
0 Kudos

you could check if BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL could be put to some use

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Unfortunately the tcode SU10 does not have the option to mass change the telephone extension.

I guess this only makes sense if they are all to have the same extention, and that does not make sense...

Important for the solution: What is the source of the extention?

The easiest source is the AD and you can map the sync'ed fields in transaction LDAPMAP. This is a serious contender for such a solution as the AD of often the source of such address data.

If not then you will need look into a BAPI and not a BADI to add this for a once-off conversion or automated sync with an (external?) data source. The call is a bit tricky here: it is in the ADDTEL import tables of BAPI_USER_CHANGE and not the activatable address data parameters and the programmer needs to know what to do with the "CONSNUMBER" field.

So there are decisions which need to be made and you will need to provide more information for a usefull answer.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi!

>I guess this only makes sense if they are all to have the same extention, and that does not make sense...

>Important for the solution: What is the source of the extention?

Current situation:

about 1000 users in SAP system have the same telephone extension (SU01 --> tab "Addres" --> "Communication" --> Extension).

What I am looking for:

a function to mass change for all that users the telephone extension to value "blank".

Thank you!