Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom T-codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

There are around 1000 Z tcodes at my client's system and most of them only have S_TCODE in them. For now we have started restricting them by adding the relevant objects for any new further development, taking inputs from the ABAP team.

My question is...how do we take out the list of those Z tcodes who have ONLY S_TCODE in them. There are some Z tcodes that have been restricted by adding the relevant auth objects, but how do we get the list that has only S_TCODE?

Appreciate in advance.

9 REPLIES 9

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use AGR_1251 table and give auth object S_TCODE

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reel,

i dont think there is a way to find this other than manually going in to every transaction in SU24 and see.

Thanks,

SS

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Reel,

Go to AGR_1251 and in object field put S_TCODE. You will get a list of roles and tcodes with only S_TCODE. Just filter the output list and pick your ztcodes and ignore other standard tcodes.

If your Ztcodes are not maintained in SU24. Just create a test role with only ztcode and trace. You will get a list of auth objects.

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For any executable TCode, S_TCODE will be a default check for the Transaction start when assigned to a user through a role (or provided Z* access in S_TCODE for rest users). So, to get the details of Authorization Objects correspond to each Z-TCode you need to check it in table USOBT_C. It will give you all other Authorization Objects to (if you don't restrict your search criteria by S_TCODE in this table) for these TCodes which are added in SU24.

Let me know if anything is not clear.

regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi try this ,

Use SE16 and put the table name TSTC

and execute all Ztcodes will be in the list

use excel to pull it out

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi Guys,

Hi Reel

> There are around 1000 Z tcodes at my client's system and most of them only have S_TCODE in them. For now we have >started restricting them by adding the relevant objects for any new further development, taking inputs from the ABAP team.

Good work

> My question is...how do we take out the list of those Z tcodes who have ONLY S_TCODE in them. There are some Z >tcodes > that have been restricted by adding the relevant auth objects, but how do we get the list that has only S_TCODE?

Unfortunately it is a lot of hard work. Am not sure that any of the methods proposed so far will do what you need to which is to:

1. Identify if there are any AUTHORITY-CHECK statements in the code or function modules, LDB's etc that make up the custom code.

2. Identify the tx which are OK

There are a few useful posts already on the subject so I won't repeat or para-phrase them, here are a couple

Have fun & good luck.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

When I tried to execute TSTC transaction through SE16, I do get all the Ztransactions in my SANDBOX

can you explain why all Ztransactions which have check for S_tcode will not appear in the table SE16 through TSTC?

0 Kudos

Hi Franklin,

All executed tcodes have S_TCODE check, but that does not address the problem which was getting the list of custom tcodes with only S_TCODE check against them. For that we need to ID which custom transactions also include auth check logic and work backwards from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a real pest... and reports are worse...

What do the roles look like?

If you can leverage them as entry points to the transactions then you have a good starting point.

For reports there are only tricks in the PAI modules of SA38, lots of time, patience and a good project manager.

Probably your biggest problem will be with user favourites.

Good luck,

Julius