cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result transfer to batch from lot: Insp plan having multiple operations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For a batch managed 04 lot origin material we have 3 operations in a insp plan.

Which operation data is to be copied to MSC3N by default? What my idea is that last operation data would be recorded if all MICs are accepted, otherwise if one MIC is rejected in last one (Say in operation 3), then operation 2 data for that MIC would be transferred if it is accepted.

But I am not getting that kinda transfer in system.

1. For some MICs, last operation data is copied.

2. For one MIC no data is copied as it was rejected in all 3 operations

3. One MIC is rejected in all operations, but its last operation data is copied in batch

4. One qualitative MIC is accepted in 1st operation and is rejected in last operation, rejected data is copied to batch.

Can anyone pls explain the scenario? And if I want only 2nd operation data to be transferred to batch, what will be the required settings?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Most of the other posters are right in the various processes and reason why a value may not be transferred.

Typically the last value (i.e. from last operation), is copied to the batch record. It doesn't matter if the characteristic is reject or not. It simply copies the last valid value, (i.e. status 5 in the lot). A characteristic value that is not copied is usually not linked to a general characteristic.

Another problem that often happend depends on the how the classification was set up. If you set up a spec range on a characteristic of 90 - 92, you should also make sure that the indicator "Additional Values allowed" is ticked on. Otherwise, classification will not allow any other values except 90-92 to be copied to the batch record. Thus, "rejected" values in the inspection lot appear to not transfer because they are rejected, but its because of the classification set up. A value 89 can't be copied in to the batch. With the additional values indicator ticked on, the value of 89 is allowed to be copied up.

This doesn't have an impact on qualitative tests since they use catalogs and no additional values are used anyway.

Check your class set up.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks all !

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The flow of the characteristics results recorded to the batch is simply based on the link you maintain between the MIC (reference) - class characteristics. Once you manintain your MIC as ref.characteristics and established a link with class.char , the results will flow to the batch. If you dont want to copy the results - do not establish the link with class.char - thats the only option.

1. For some MICs, last operation data is copied.

It means your maintaining the same MIC in all operations and the values were over written and you are seeing only the last operation values.2. For one MIC no data is copied as it was rejected in all 3 operations

Simply MIC is not a reference char, no link maintained between MIC and Class char.

3. One MIC is rejected in all operations, but its last operation data is copied in batch

again, I am guessing same MIC in all opertions.

4. One qualitative MIC is accepted in 1st operation and is rejected in last operation, rejected data is copied to batch.

same MIC in all opertions - values were over written.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think its not operation specific but it depends upon the classed char you have used in the Batch & Inspection plan.if same char is used multiple times then results are overwritten.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must have all MIC with referance characteristics that means all are linked with batch characteristcs,

if you want to copy your sec operation MIC result in batch please enter the MIC's in sec operation whcih MIC have the referance characteristics.

I hope this will help you.

best regards,

Nilesh I.