cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File is not getting deleted from Source dir error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gurus...

I am doing a simple file to file scenario. I am getting the output but the problem is the file in my sourcr directory is not getting deleted.I have checked each n every step. i have time as 10 sec's, selected DELET option in my ID Part ,i am not able 2 understand where i went wron....Please help me solve this problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Ensure that the change list have been activated.

2. Check whether you have write access for the source directory.

3. Check whether your Adapter Engine have authorizations to write access.

Check the RWB for the message, if you would be able to find the issue exactly where it is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

I am really sorry to ask such simple question because i am new to this i need to ask...please tell how to configure the adaptor engine to write mode....

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you ve to change the folder/file: If it is window, just right click / properties / security. For UNIX: chmod 777 to provide all rights for everybody.

Regards,

Udo

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the file should not be "read only "

right click on the file and see that permissions are 777...do the same for the entire folder subtree where the file resides

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check in Runtime Workbench --> message monitoring

There must be an error like "Access denied".

I'm facing the same problem in these days, you don't have authorization to delete the file. Check FTP user authorization.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

may be the PI Adapter Engine user has only read authorizations...

Regards,

Udo

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you dont have proper authorization to delete that file,the use id what you are using does not have proper privilizes,that is the reason.

get all right read/write/delete then it will work

Regards,

Raj