cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

brbackup functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone throw some light on the brbackup functionality with respect to third party backup solutions like netbackup.Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Could anyone throw some light on the brbackup functionality with respect to third party backup solutions like netbackup.Thanks.

Would you mind to just follow the forum rules and read the documentation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies Lars i had some doubts related to third party solutions thats why had to start with a basic question.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lars,

The problem all came up with this.When i executed this command for a offline backup.

brbackup -c -t offline -u

It prompted me for a password and user id.I gave the schema user id and password i.e. SAPSR3.But it was throwing up a error.

Then i used brbackup -u / -c -t offline "-a -c -cds" > /dev/null

It also throwed up a error.

Then finally we had to schedule through DB13 and went off fine.

My question is like this why were the errors being thrown when we executed manually.Should i be giving initsid.sap or initsid.utl .We have netbackup as a third party backup mechanism.

Why did sap not stop automatically when we executed from DB13, oracle got stopped immediately when we executed.Thanks.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

at Os level, you probably executed with user ora[sid] instead of [sid]adm.

DB13 runs br* command as user [sid]adm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

You are right.SID adm went through.Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In short, most of the third party backup solution (such as netbackup, tsm) has its own API (Application Interface) called "backint" to communicate with brbackup.

BACKINT calls brtools (brbackup, brarchive etc) for third party backup solutions.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede