cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM Data via VDS into staging IDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're having problems with the data being passed from HCM into the HCM_Staging IdS. The data is transferred via the VDS but looking in the IDS, where I think we expect a date, we get personnel number before each field.

An example is

P0000-PERNR [00000013-00000013]00000013

P0001-WERKS [00000013-00000013]1254

P0001-BUKRS [00000013-00000013]1254

P0002-VORNA [00000013-00000013]White

This results in an error on the Write HCM Employee To SAP Master pass where oracle errors because it is not receiving a date:

putNextEntry failed storingMX_PERSON

Exception from Add operation:com.sap.idm.ic.ToPassException: ToIDStore.addEntry failed storing entry 'MX_PERSON'. IDStore returned error message: "DATABASE EXCEPTION:java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01843: not a valid month ORA-06512: at "MXMC_OPER.MX_UTILSETATTRIBUTE", line 211 ORA-06512: at line 1 " when storing attribute 'MX_FIRSTNAME={VALIDFROM=0000-00-13!!VALIDTO=0000-00-13}White'

Exception from Modify operation:com.sap.idm.ic.ToPassException: ToIDStore.modEntry failed updating entry 'MX_PERSON'. IDStore returned error message: "Entry does not exist" when fetching entry

We are running Idm 7.1 SP 4.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see if you have configured the attributes correctly for MX_PERSON in your HRrepository.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franklin,

The problem I think is the data is wrong in the HCM_EMPLOYEE entry in the HCM Stagin IDS before it is being passed to the MX_PERSON, and so the error shows up for MX_PERSON. I am hoping someone can point out why the PERNR is appearing instead of the date in HCM_EMPLOYEE.

Thanks,

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you convert the import/CSV file to an EXCEL format and rearrange the data of PERNR and DATE

also go to the backend systema and use transaction for one user from your list to see if the start and end date is mentioned corrrectly , also check to see in SU01 ( the system user id has the dates populated correctly)

I feel your import file is not matching your destination format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also think you have not made the correct

ENTRYTYPE = pernr number ( instead of date )

if you have copied the standard provisioning framework check the update and create passes

either the entrytype or the passes for update and create is mismatching.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franklin,

Thanks for your help with this! The mapping is done via the VDS, so no file is produced, it is written directly to the HCM_Staging IDS. When the SAP Query is run in SAP HCM, the correct data is produced, but by the time it is written to the IdS, it appears to have added the personnel number instead of the date. Do you know at what stage this addition is done so I can look to see if it is done correctly?

Thanks again,

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Have a look at this note

1488075 this can be a starting point for your need.

The configuration guide has all the details we have discussed.