cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert category at ESR - Message title

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am not sure if anyone has already noticed this. When you create alert category in ESR, you dont have provision to mention the Message title.

Alternatively you need to login to abap stack(ALRTCATDEF), change the message title(which will be the same which you have mentioned in the short text at ESR) and save it(with a Transport request). And the alerts are generated as expected.

But one fine morning, you will find that you are getting message with message title same as Short text. when you check in alrtcatdef you will find the text message title text is overridden by short text(without a TR).

I am not aware what change in the system causes this.

Is this a known issue? is there any correction available for this?

Note: our PI box is at PI7.1 EHP1

SP 02

Regards

Shailesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

i think if you create a container "subject" it will be used for the title. See as well [Creating Alert Categories in ESR and using them in Integration Processes - PI 7.1 Feature|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/18555] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

If you have noticed in the blog, the variable is used in Short text. But in the conventional method of defining alert categories(viz ALRTCATDEF), we can have different texts in Short text and Message Title

Regards

Shailesh

Answers (0)