cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in getting score while executing the matching strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On executing the matching strategy, even if there is a duplicate count of zero in the record pane, some score is calculated. I want to know how does the system get that score even if there is no potential duplicate in the matches pane.

Also we are facing an issue - whenever the matching strategy is executed, some score is calculated which does not match with any one of the individual score in the match pane.

Can anyone guide me what might be the reason?

Regards,

Indraveer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indraveer,

Please refer this blog, your doubts on getting score on executing Matching score should be cleared.

/people/mandeep.singhsaini/blog/2010/08/24/matching-merging-equals-vs-token-equals-part-2

Kindly update the status of thread.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indraveer,

On executing the matching strategy, even if there is a duplicate count of zero in the record pane, 
some score is calculated. I want to know how does the system get that score even if there is no 
potential duplicate in the matches pane.

First i want to clarify how this score getting calculated.

In the record pane the three extra coloumn tell about the result about matching strategy

Count : this represent the no of record matches with the selected record based on the matching strategy executed

Class : This defines

Score : this contains the sum of score of all rules that contain in strategy i.e. You know in rules tab we define the value for

SUCCESS

FALIURE

UNDEFINED

So in the score section it calcilates the score of each rules that you included in executed strategy.

For Example

Your 1st rules contain values like

SUCCESS :2

FALIURE :1

UNDEFINED:0

Your 2nd rules contain values like

SUCCESS :3

FALIURE :1

UNDEFINED:0 (this score if contain NULL values and data manger unable to execute the matching)

Now ypu included these two rules in strategy and define

High threshhold : 5

Low threshhold :4

Now you execute the strategy

I will consider yr case that no one record matches .In this case score section will contain value 2 because it fails in matching

any rules so it get 1 for rule1 and 1 from Rule2.

Hope it clarifies yr doubt.

Also we are facing an issue - whenever the matching strategy is executed, some score is calculated which does not match with any one of the individual score in the match pane.

After Whatever i understand from yr statement,this will be the case when you have multiple rules ans some record succeed in all rules while some are succeed in one and fail in second rule.

For example :

we have 3 record in table in which first one matches with both record for all rules where as second record matches with some record for first rule and some for second rule so their total score calaculate accordingly

and third record matches with some reord for second rule and some record with first rule so their score will calculate automatical;ly.

so in this case when u select first record in record pane and open match pane you will see other two record with different score as this score shows there personal score after executing matching strategies.

Hope this will help you to clarify yr doubt .

For further reading please check the data manager reference guide on page 500.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu

The question here is different. If you execute matching for say 1 record vs 5 records in the record pane you will see count(4- assuming all 4 qualify for ptential duplicates), Score(Highest score for the potentail duplicates)

In this case say the Score shown in record pane is 150 but in the match pane for the 4 potentail duplicates the invidiual score is 100, 110, 115 and 120. None of them is 150 what is shown in the record pane score.

Hope this clarifies.

thanks-ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I understand that Score(Highest score for the potentail duplicates)

But i am not able to understand the reason that u mentioned for the score difference btw record pane and match pane

But we have multiple cases that the score displayed in record pane doesnot always match
 the highest score among the duplicates. This mostly happens when you use token equals in
 the rule and also qualified table fields as part of the matching startegy. We can wait for others 
to explain if there is proper logic behind this.

How this tokken and qualifier affect the score differentiation.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indraveer

I am not sure what is the exact calculation logic when displaying the score in the record pane. As per the SAP reference guide it says that the score displayed is the Highest matching score among the potential matches.

But we have multiple cases that the score displayed in record pane doesnot always match the highest score among the duplicates. This mostly happens when you use token equals in the rule and also qualified table fields as part of the matching startegy. We can wait for others to explain if there is proper logic behind this.

For all purposes like identifying the duplicates we should consider the scores shown in the matching grid and not the record pane. In the matching grid we can also see the breakup of the score basd on each rule and that is the actual/true score.

hope this helps-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Define rules by keeping failure score as zero so that you can not get any score when there are no matches.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Narendra

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A matching rule defines the matching function to be applied to a field or field combination, and assigns a score based on whether the matching function succeeds, fails, or is undefined because of NULL values. Each rule can then be included in one or more matching strategies.

Matching rules are the building blocks of a matching strategy, where each rule represents an individual criterion for comparing records and contributes to the overall score of the strategy.

A rule that references qualifiers is evaluated individually for each qualified link combination, and the score for a record pair is the best score across the entire set qualified link combination

Probablly for more details you can follow DM guide page 506-507

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

In MDM matching scores count automatically......

The defined rules and strategy scores based on start min and maximum score for e.g MIN score 20 and MAX 50 then any score between 20 to 50

about your question some score calculated even no individual score define i think you are using token equals. So just make sure what type of token assign and how many rules are assign in strategies

even if you are facing problem revert back with more descriptive what rules and strategy you have set

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel