cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in logical components of a project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the requirement to add another system to my maintenane project. Having read Dolores Correa's Usual Questions and known errors blog I see that this is not s straight forward scenario.

The blog states that I should "Close the current project cycle", does this mean that I should "Complete the maintenance cycle"? in transaction /TMWFLOW/MAINTINST ??

If that is the case does that not mean that all of my transports will be imported into production?

I cannot find further information on consequenses of this requirement, so all help you can offer is welcome.

regards

marina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you close a maintenance project, TRs will not be automatically imported into PRD. You have to execute the task in your Tasklist to import into PRD.

While closing the the transport requests that are not yet imported into the production systems are also taken into account in the new task list for project imports (in technical terms, this means that the import project includes not only the current CTS project, but also the CTS project of the completed cycle).

If you create a new cycle, the system automatically assigns these processes and objects to the new cycle.

Refer Note: 1071412

Hope this helps.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - that's just the information I needed.

Answers (0)