cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

office control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am using office control for displaying data on excel sheet. i have code for creating dynamic alv generic XML which i am using for displaying data on excel sheet.

wd_this->document->activatexmlsource( EXPORTING xml = contentxmlsource

errorinformation = error_activatexmlsource_stru ).

every thing is working fine. data is displayed on the excel as required.

When i click on save button on this excel sheet i need to read the data from the excel sheet and update the same in database table. This is where i am facing problem. i am unable to find proper methods for the same .

Please help.

Thanks

Laxmikanth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmikanth,

I have a similar requirement and I am stuck in creating the dynamic ALV generic XML. Please help me with the code it would be very useful for me.

Regards,

Srik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have never used Office control in WDA. If you can give me a link from wher I can understand this that would be great.

I would also like to know what is XLS4ABAP.

Thanks

Pradeep

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

>

> I have never used Office control in WDA. If you can give me a link from wher I can understand this that would be great.

>

[SAP Help - office control|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/d1/af8841349e1909e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

>

>

> I would also like to know what is XLS4ABAP.

[Blog - abap2xlsx - Generate your professional Excel spreadsheet from ABAP|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/20046]

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmikanth,

I don't think that this functionality is currently supported.

There does not appear to be any API for reading information from an Excel document (even when it is in an Office Control).

I'd suggest that the easiest (not very easy at all) way would be to embed a macro in your spreadsheet that could somehow communicate with your SAP system via a webservice and use that to update the SAP table.

Alternatively I'd be keeping a keen eye open for the implementation of the XLSX2ABAP community based code - which might be able to help (if/when it becomes available) .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris Paine,

Thanks for the reply.

i worked on excel marcors as you suggested.

I saved a default excel template with a MACRO in MIME Repository. I am displaying this excel on office control and using XML's for displaying data.

Everything is fine but on the browser where excel is displayed, macro's disappear form this excel and

i am unable to record a macro there also.

Please help

Regards,

Laxmikanth