cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have confirgured the intercompany sales scenario in my system, however, i am unable to bill the intercompany invoice. these are the steps and master data that i have maintained:

Values:

3000 - Supplying Co.Co. and S.org

2000 - Ordering Co.Co and S.org

3001 - Supplying Plant

Config:

1. Assigned 3001 to S.org 2000 in Enterprise Structure Assignment

2. Order type 'OR' defined for intercompany sales

3. Assigned 3001 to S.org 2000 under intercompany billing config node

4. Maintained internal customer for S.org 3000

- Internal Customer created in supplying Co.Co. and S.org

5. Customer master for end customer created in ordering Co.Co. and S.org

6. Pricing Procedure and condition records for PR00 and PI01 maintained with standard Access sequence

7. Pricing procedure determination setup

8. Material Master maintained in both the S.orgs.

In my scenario no delivery is involved.

The issue is:

I am able to bill the end customer but when I check VF04 with Intercompany check box checked it does not show the IV invoice type to be billed by supplying Co. Co. to Ordering Co. Co.

Please advice if I have missed any steps in the config or master data.

regards,

Vishesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

n_palanisami
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishesh,

Can you check if the below 2 steps are correct :

3. Assigned 3001 to S.org 2000 under intercompany billing config node

4. Maintained internal customer for S.org 3000

- Internal Customer created in supplying Co.Co. and S.org

As per your data, you should assign plant 3001 to S.org 3000 under IC billing config node and not 2000.

Also, internal customer number should be maintained for S.org 2000 and not 3000.

Please check

Regards,

Palani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I made the changes suggested by you. Still not working. the intercompany invoice doesnt show in VF04.

Can you please tell me how the customer master is to be maintained for both the Cos. May be I am missing something there. Also, can you tell me if there is someplace in the sales order where the system indicates this is a intercompany order.

Regards,

Vishesh

n_palanisami
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishesh,

Did you try to bill the delivery through VF01? If not, try to bill the delivery again using VF01 and update if you are able to create the IV invoice. Else post the error message you get.

Regarding your query on customer, only 1 customer record needs to be created for the selling sales org. And then assign this customer number against the selling sales org in customizing.

Checklist for IC billing :

1. Assignment of a sales area for intercompany billing to supplying plant

2. Maintenance of assignment between sales organization, distribution channel, and supplying plant

3. Assignment of a customer to the sales organization

4. If necessary, maintenance of the billing type for intercompany billing in the sales document type

5. If necessary, maintenance of settings required for automatic posting to vendor account

Regards,

Palani

n_palanisami
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, please read as below :

Did you try to bill the order through VF01? If not, try to bill the order again using VF01 and update if you are able to create the IV invoice. Else post the error message you get.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Palani,

I tried billing with the sales order number. It says "1100375135 000010 The item has been fully invoiced already".

As per your check list all steps are maintained.

Dont we have to create a customer master for the ordering Co.Co. and maintain in the internal customer config??

Regards,

Vishesh

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check whether all the Items & entire quantities have been billed fully.For Billing please check field "Billing Relevance"-In Item Category (VOV7) (which basically controls Status of Billing Document) For Item Category of your material.

Also, refer following link for understanding:

Thanks & Regards

JP

n_palanisami
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishesh,

Yes, in fact I refer to 2000 as selling sales org while you refer it as ordering sales org, both are same.

Yes, we have to create a customer record for sales org 2000 in sales area 3000/xx/xx and assign this customer number to sales org 2000 in customizing. This is the only customer record we have to create.

Did you check billing type is maintained as IV against order related billing in VOV8?

Did you also check the note referred by Prakash?

Regards,

Palani

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a Billing doc with reference to Delv doc for GI inter-company.

Before doing so, check copying control for the same, use tcode VTFL.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your response. But if you read carefully in my query no delivery is involved in my process.

Regards,

Vishesh

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

+Sincere apologies, to be little ignorant in replying.+

Anyways,

In general for this material type DIEN i.e. service materials,there will be no delivery taking place.

First we will create the order and then we will create the billing document with reference to this order.

For this we need some settings.

First we have to create a different item category for this type of service materials using VOV7.

In this item category details,mention that this is not relevant for delivery.there is a check box for this in item category details.Uncheck this. Billing relevance as "F" or "G" or "I". Save.

Goto VOV8 T.Code,Select your order type.Details.

Maintain order relevant billing type as your billing type. Save.

Maintain the copy control entries using Tcode VTFA.

Also, refer

- [ Building Block for Project with Intercompany Billing |http://help.sap.com/bestpractices/BBLibrary/html/J48_ProjInterBill_EN_US.htm]

- SAP Note 63459 that describes the modification procedure in order to enable the inter-company process without delivery

Thanks & Regards,

JP

Edited by: J Prakash on Jul 21, 2010 2:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With Material type DIEN the standard item category is TAD which is used for billing service material. If there would have been a problem with the item category then I wouldn't be able to bill the end customer as well.

My problem is that I am able to bill the end customer but not the intercompany document as it does not show in the billing due list. If you can suggest something regarding the configuration steps for intercompany that I have missed that would be helpful.

The SAP note is valid for versions lower than 4.0B. The new versions are updated.

Regards,

Vishesh

Edited by: Vishesh Kapoor on Jul 21, 2010 3:04 PM

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion, this more to do with Billing Relevance in I Cat and subsequent steps in MM.

Do an Invoice Receipt in MM and check?

Also, check

IMG - SD - Billing - Intercompany Billing - Define Order Type for Intercompany Billing

and copying control for OR - IV (VTFA)

Regards

JP

Edited by: J Prakash on Jul 21, 2010 3:12 PM