cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Hierarchy implications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am working in FMCG Company. Now my company is changing the hierarchy of the existing products. It is yet to be implemented where material groups will be changed.

For each material we have 3 Material Groups namely Material Group 1, Material Group 2 and Material Group 3. By implementing product hierarchy, these groups will be changed (if required only). This will be reflected in LIS report. This means that the past records show the old hierarchy (while matching the present data with previous year or Year-To-Date data). I want it to have the new hierarchy only. How to achieve this. Is it acheiavable through developing ABAP program or any otherway? Is there any other implications if we change the hierarchy of the existing products. Please suggest me on this.

Regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that, let me divide your question into parts:

1. I am working in FMCG Company. Now my company is changing the hierarchy of the existing products. It is yet to be implemented where material groups will be changed.

1.A. if there is no any impact of this material group in particular then you can change it/ but i think so there should impact of this reports atleast.

2. For each material we have 3 Material Groups namely Material Group 1, Material Group 2 and Material Group 3. By implementing product hierarchy, these groups will be changed (if required only). This will be reflected in LIS report.

This means that the past records show the old hierarchy (while matching the present data with previous year or Year-To-Date data).I want it to have the new hierarchy only. How to achieve this. Is it acheiavable through developing ABAP program or any otherway? Is there any other implications if we change the hierarchy of the existing products.

2.A. material group: this groups all the materials which share same characteristic features according to SAP. but you have to tell the exact relevance/impact of material group from your company perspective. certainly by implementing PH these group has to change. first let me know the imapact of MG from your company perspective then only i am able to say whether you can go for PH or not.

i can say you that product hierarchy impacts COPA.

regards,

balajia