cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity not getttig deployed to runtime system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We configured NWDI and created a new track.We defined the runtime systems.I imported the SAP-JEE,SAP-JBUILD and SAP-JTechs files into the track.I created a new DC and checked in.Its fine.When I activate the activity is getting activated but it is not deployed into the development(runtime) system.There are no activation errors and the request is ready for release into consolidation.

If I deploy same the application(Right click on the application) from NWDS manually it is getting deployed.

Please help in resolving this.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Have you marked the DISABLE Automatic Deployment option while configuring the Runtime System?

Goto the NWDI track you configured--> Transport Studio veiw > Runtime System Check whether the DISABLE Automatic Deployment option is Marked. If it is, then UNMARK it.

Also check in CBS WebUI , what is the status of the Request you have released in NWDS.You might have got request id in NWDS when you Activated and Released the activities.Check the same in CBS.

Regards,

Abhijeet K

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

could you please close the thread if this answers your question?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Unchecking disable Automatic deployment has resolved the issue

Thanks and Regards,

Rajesh

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

one remark, notice, check-in means central deployment, triggering the deployment directly via NWDS is basically counts as a direct deployment (even if the same engine has been specified).

We configured NWDI and created a new track.We defined the runtime systems.I imported the SAP-JEE,SAP-JBUILD and SAP-JTechs files into the track.I created a new DC and checked in.Its fine.When I activate the activity is getting activated but it is not deployed into the development(runtime) system.There are no activation errors and the request is ready for release into consolidation.

1. CENTRAL Deployment

The checkin uses the development config (and via this the Runtime system configuration) to figure out where to deploy.

This is in your NWDS preferences the 'development configuration pool' settings. Here you specify the URL of the SLD, since this stores the information, which CMS must be contacted for the first time to retrieve the "real" development config (this will be your .confdef file stored locally).

If I deploy same the application(Right click on the application) from NWDS manually it is getting deployed.

2. DIRECT Deployment

the other preferences is the SAP J2EE Engine settings where you specify the host and the message server port.

If you say "deploy" or "deploy and run", then this setting will be considered for deployment.

If you say "check-in/activate" or you import on the CMS webui then the runtime system configuration will be used.

This is the reason for the different behaviour of the deployment between point 1 and 2.

Now you need to find out why the central deployment does not work.

This can have plenty of reasons.

1. the CMS cannot connect to the deployer (see http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/%28NWDI%29%28CMS%29Q0002)

2. The "Disable auto deployment" is accidentally switched on (this is possible only for dev/cons). Someone added a link in one of the previous posts here, please refer to ut.

3. You have accidentally switched on the "exclude from deployment" feature on the track configuration in the CMS webui -- Landscape Configurator,

4. etc.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I was facing exactly same problem, please go through the thread which i had created (link is mentioned below).

I hope you'll get the solution.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Please check runtime system information for development is properly updated or not. If the information is correct, then click on View/Edit Deployment Substitution Variables tray, it will show information. then you can try to check-in and activate your activity.

Hope it wll helps

Regards

Arun Jasiwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does the runtime system definition for the Development stage of your track look like?