Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DB database username and password

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'd like to connect to the SAP DB database by using the Database Manager application. The DB instance was installed with sapinst.exe and I've never got any username and password.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Igor Barbaric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HayBouten
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try user: control

passwd : control

regards,

Hay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried both, dbm and control. Didn't work for me.

"com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.DatabaseException: [-4008]: Unknown user name/password combination

[-4008]: Unknown user name/password combination"

My jdbc connection string is:

jdbc:sapdb:J2E

and I'm using com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB

I tried my WAS installation user and password too.

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Hay!

It worked - "control - control" was the right one. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Igor

P.S.

I don't see how could I know it if I wasn't told by Hay. I'm sure that I didn't see it anywhere during the installation process. It should be published in installation instructions or somewhere...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well at least the users will be listed in the database control tab under the configuration label in SAPMMC.

control, superdba and domain are listed in my sapdb instance.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_seemann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

the users above are the default user. We don't ask for a password during the installation since we don't expect that the people know the meaning of these users.

But you are right we have to add the default passswords for these users into the installation guide.

Best regards,

Stefan Seemann

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

"control - control" was fine for a DBM user, but now I need an SQL user. I tried in SAPDB SQL Studio with SAP<sysid>DB and SAP<sysid> with the password entered in the installation process, but it doesn't work. In DB Manager -> Configuration -> Users I can see only default DBM users CONTROL and SUPERDBA.

However, when the SAP system is up and running, in Information -> Sessions I can see 8 sessions of SAPDEV user. This is obviously an SQL user which SAP uses to connect to the database, but I don't know it's password.

Is there some other default SQL user or a way to find out or change the SAPDEV's password (ofcourse, then I'd have to change it in SAP too, or otherwise it couldn't connect)?

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Igor Barbaric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barb,

When you install SAPDB there are 2 types of users we have DBM Operators - control and Supedba and database users.

DBM operators are having previliges to work at DBM GUI level (out side the database) where as databse operators are the users inside the database. If you have DBM GUI 7.5 you can create and maintain the database users by logging in as DMB operator (SUPREDBA/admin) from configuration menu.

Thanks

Guru

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

SUPREDBA/admin works!

Thanks, Guru!

Kind regards,

Igor

stefan_seemann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

when you try to connect via JDBC please try the

SQL user sap<sid>db. For example your Engine is called C11 try to logon with sapc11db.

The password is the one you have choosen at the installation dialog as the default password.

Hope that helps, Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can probably try using User: dbm and password dbm as an initial password to connect via database manager application.

Cheers!

Lalit

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Lalit!

It doesn't work. It's not "dbm" - "dbm". But thanks for a try!

Kind regards,

Igor