cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditions for start of Completion Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I know that the completion workflow is triggered when the status of the shopping cart is incomplete and it then goes to the buyer for filling in the vendor and price.

I would want to know if we can have any other start conditions written to intiate the completion workflow? I mean, I would want the completion workflow to be triggered only if I have a specific vendor code in the shopping cart. In other cases, I want the shopping cart to go directly for the approval workflow. Is that possible? How can I achieve this scenario?

Answers will surely be awarded points.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Ancy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is very simple to achieve..To trigger the completion workflow you will have following Key Process level info in your schema..

Level Type: Approval with Completion

Task ID: 40007952

Task Description: SRM Shopping Cart Completion

You need to write a dynamic FM or Class to skip this process level for all other vender ID's..

There is no specific starting condition or Start Event you can define..

Thanks!!

Bharath

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AA,

I couldnt understand by what you meant 'completion of workflow' for a start condition.

You can have start conditions for workflows, but what these conditions do is before triggering your WF it would check what conditions you have put.

In your case, if you actually meant that you want your WF to trigger for a particular Vendor code, then yes it is possible.

I shall watch this thread too, to get better answers from our Guru's.

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Aditya. But, sorry for the late reply.

Actually, my question is:

I know that after a requestor saves a shopping cart, it can either go for completion workflow (for noncatalog items) and then go for approval workflow, or go directly for approval workflow (for catalog items).

But, my question is: for noncatalog items, I want the shopping cart to go for completion workflow and then to approval workflow based on certain conditions and for certain other conditions, I want the shopping cart to go for approval workflow only. (no completion workflow is to be defined then).

Is this possible? And, if yes, how and where do I define the above conditions?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Points will be awarded for sure.

Thanks n Regards,

Ancy

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are SRM 5.0 or old, please go to transaction SWB_COND.

Regards,

Masa