cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How NETPR field behaves for JPY currency in PO screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we know that Japanese Yen won't display decimal values in the screen.

For ex:- In ME23N Net price value will be displayed with out decimals for Japanese currency but the screen field(MEPO1211-NETPR) has decimals.

I am creating one customizing screen where the net price field should behave in the same way as PO shows Japanese Yen value in the screen(without decimals). I need to show decimals in the screen for other currencies and for Japanese currency should not show decimals on the screen.

Can you guys please let me know how PO screen works.

Edited by: TVA Kumar on Jul 21, 2010 8:49 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can customize the decimal places in SPRO (Transaction code: OY04). For the japanese currency- Yen, it is set as 0.

In the PO, it will be displayed with reference to this currency and so it will be displayed with out the decimal places.

FYI, in any case (whether 0 decimal places, 2 decimal places, 3 decimal places...), the value will be stored with 2 deimals in the table. While run time SAP will convert these value as per the above custimization.

You just try to display the same using your currency. In the screen & for the particular screen field assign the currency key in the reference field.

Hope, I answered your qn.

Regards,

Selva K.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sujeet2918
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You just create your screen with domain name netpr and maintain currency table.

SAP Itself takes care of this logic, you do not need to worry.

but to display this you can use FM CURRENCY_AMOUNT_SAP_TO_DISPLAY .

about Customization: we do the decimal assignments of currency but for JPY it will not get displayed, when you will use

above FM then only you will be able to see the maintained decimals.

Regards,

Sujeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

In Your customizing screen along with the net price field create another field Currency.

Now ress F2 on the input field of the Net price and give the field name of the Currency field as Reference field in the Dictionary attribute section.

When you will pass the currency to the currency field, the Net price will be displayed according to the decimal points settings.

Regards

DKS

luis_quispe
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi.

Any amount need your currency. Because when you create a structure always refers to the currency.

On your screen the amount should refer to the currency.

You can use the functions and CURRENCY_AMOUNT_BAPI_TO_SAP CURRENCY_AMOUNT_SAP_TO_BAPI.

regards

Lquispe

Chrisx
Explorer
0 Kudos

I think the JPY currency needs to be converted from and internal format, to an external format. Try using function "BAPI_CURRENCY_CONV_TO_EXTERNAL" . there is also a corresponding function, "BAPI_CURRENCY_CONV_TO_INTERNAL" to convert it from an external format back to an internal format.