cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a project structure having 5 levels of WBS Elements.

Out of this, I am attaching SO to level 2 WBS Element which will be settled to COPA (Settlement rule defined for this WBS Element)

The plan costs and actual costs are getting rolled up to level 2 WBS Element from hierarchy (No additional cost planning / posting done for Level 1 WBS Element)

The Sales Order attached brings plan and actual revenue on level 2 WBS Element

Problem - After calculating RA (KKA2), when I run settlement (CJ88) on level 2 WBS Element, system is mandating to maintain settlement rule on entire structure down the hierarchy. SInce costs are anyway getting rolled up I dont want to settle down level WBS ELement on Level 2 WBS.

I want to do setting in such a way that only billing WBS Element should get settled and other WBS Elements (not marked for billing) need not to settle.

Request you to please suggest solution for this.

Thanks and Regards,

Parimal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is available in Std. SAP functionality, You have to make use of automatic generation of settlement rule. I would suggest you to look in SAP HELP for more details and how to do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for reply...

Automatic generation rule (CJB2) will create settlement rule for all down the hierarchy WBS Elements (on level 2 WBS Element).

But the point is why to settle these WBS Element since cost is automatically getting rolled up, also these WBS Elements wont have revenues.

I am looking for such a setting where settlement can be done only for billing element and all other non billing WBS Elements should be exempted from settlement (System should not mandate setlement rule for non billing WBS Elements while running transaction CJ88)

Please share your inputs.

Thanks in advance

Parimal

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have misunderstood, again I insist, read SAP HELP . It can be done.

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

mark the first level wbse as billing element and in spro maintain the settlement rule strategy acct ass cat as 4. run cjb2

as suugested by ahmed please refer saphelp.

regards,

Answers (0)