0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have one ECC 6.0 system in our landscape with the below details:

1. Central Instance (Server1)

2. Application Server 1 (Server2)

3. Application Server2 (server3)

4. Application Server3 (server4)

Below is the problem description:

1. When I execute SM21 and select System Log->Choose->Local System Log, I am able to get the system logs of the logged on server successfully.

2. When I execute SM21 and select System Log->Choose->Remote System Log and try to select another instance name , I cannot find any server.

3. When I execute SM21 and select System Log->Choose->All Remote System Logs. I dont get anything.

As per the SAP Note 25526.I checked the following

1.)On the central server the collector rslgcoll is running as

"co.sapEP1_DVEBMGS00 pf=/usr/sap/EP1/SYS/profile/EP1_DVEBMGS00_onniecpesp03 -F"

2.) In all other Application server the rslgsend is running as

se.sapEP1_D30 pf=/sapmnt/EP1/profile/EP1_D30_onniecaesp02 -F

3.) All the rslg/ parameter has been configured

4.)The global directory has been shared across the System.And the file exits .

Kindly help as to what i have missed.

Regards

Anthony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anthony,

> 2. When I execute SM21 and select System Log->Choose->Remote System Log and try to select another instance name , I cannot find any server.

>

> 3. When I execute SM21 and select System Log->Choose->All Remote System Logs. I dont get anything.

>

> As per the SAP Note 25526.I checked the following

at very first: central syslog is not remote syslog! So note 25526 will not do anything here

You should execute the function module TH_SERVER_LIST on all application servers (start SM37, insert TH_SERVER_LIST, press F8, press F8 again). As a result you will get a table "LIST", with a mouse click

the contents of the table will be displayed.

In the column "SERV" normally the sapdp* services should be displayed, these are used to connect to the dispatcher of the instance. Most probably you will not see a sapdp<nn> entry but some strange names, e.g. cpq-tasksmart, intraintra, tick-port. In this case please check the /etc/services file of all application servers. All duplicate entries of the interval 3200 to 3299 should be commented out if they are already used for the sapdp<nn> services.

After the restart of the instances the function module should return all sapdp* ports correctly and all remote syslogs should be displayed now.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

For calling a FM its SE37 instead of SM37 (thats for monitroing the batch jobs)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That sounds like a problem with the rslg parameters indeed.

Read SAP Note 25526 - Central system log not available

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that the host entry of each server exists on all the servers host file. i.e., make sure that on central instance host file the entries of all application server exists and in each application server host file entry of central instance and other application instance entries exists.

Then after that check and revert if the issue still exists.

Regards,

Sharath