cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartforms - copy page

Former Member
0 Kudos

In smartforms, 2 pages have to be designed, the first page followed by the second page.

Both follow the same layout.

The design for first page has already been done.

The design for second page is exactly similiar to that of the first page, except for the table contents.

So, I made a copy of first page onto second page, by right-clicking on first page and selecting "copy".

But the problem is, whenever I make some changes to the windows in second page, it gets reflected in the first page also.

Looks like both the pages share the same windows and node elements due to the copy effect of first page onto second page.

How do I go about the problem ? It is arduous to design afresh for the second page specifying each and every windows' length & width, etc. when the layout is exactly the same.

Please help in solving the problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Tom Jerry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Lokesh & Florian,

I have succeeded in making a copy of the page in smartforms.

Double-click on first page, and go to utilities > click on "download subtree".

Once it gets downloaded, again go to utilities > "upload".

Once uploaded to clipboard, right-click on first page and select "paste".

The copy of first page gets created as second page, and the names of all nodes including windows and text elements under second page are distinct from that of the nodes in first page.

This requires hardly a few clicks

btw, I have another query on this.

In the attributes of first page, I entered the next page as Page 2.

And in the attributes of the second page, I entered the next page as page 2 only.

But when I run the report in print preview, only the first page appears and NOT the second page.

However, if I create some command in some window and tick on the check-box to branch onto second page, it works.

How do I go about the simple requirement without actually using command node.

Please clarify.

Regards,

Tom Jerry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

erm well, normally a second page ONLY gets triggered if the DATA to print overflows the MAIN window.

If all you print fits in the main window of page 1, you will have no automatic break.

So if you need to call a second page, NO MATTER WHAT, then you need to do it by a command node like you did it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tom Jerry,

Below is a copy of the SAP documentation for the same:

Next page of a form page.

All pages of the form are represented in a tree. The first node in this tree is the start page. With this page, processing of the form starts. The processing sequence of the pages is determined by static next pages, but you can also use a command to specify it dynamically.

If no next page is specified, the form ends after output of the current page.

Hope, it will be a good reference for you.

Regards,

Selva K.

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Jul 23, 2010 5:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Selvakumar,

Thing is, static "next page" attribute has been already specified but second page is not getting displayed.

I dont want to branch onto second page dynamically using command node and all.

when first page gets printed, second page should also get printed if specified statically as "next page" attribute in first page section.

Pl. clarify.

Regards,

Tom Jerry

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tom, Florian gave you the right answer with a good explanation, what didn't you understand?

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the overwriting data problem on pages.

In my scenario, i have created 2 pages with Identical Layouts but data is different on both the pages.

My clients requested me to print every page with 2 copies(2 pages with 2 copies = 4 printouts), so for that i have written logic as below and passed to smartform.

SSFCOMPOP-TDCOPIES = '002'.

SSFCOMPOP-TDGROUP = 'X'.

After i printed the output, the 2nd copy of 1st page and 1st copy of 2nd page overwriting into one page.

so after i printed my smartform i got only 3 printouts.

1 printout ------> 1st copy of page1.

2 printout ------> 2nd copy of page1 and 1st copy of page2.

3 printout ------> 2nd copy of page2.

So please help me to overcome from this problem and how will i get 4 printouts.

Thanks,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

you could however, rename the nodes where you wish to change something after you had copied the page.

should still spare you some clicks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Nice name ..

It is standard behavior of Smartforms.. I will explain you what is happening over there.

When you have created Page 1 .. then you have created a Window 1 in that page 1 .. then a Template 1 in that window 1 .. (Lets assume)

Now if you copy this page 1 into Page 2, and see the Node name again, you will find same names as present in Page 1 ..

It means now both the pages sharing same Nodes (That are originally of Page 1) ..

So if you are in Page2 , trying to change Window 1 name toward Win 2 .. it reflects in Page as well . reason is same ..

For your issue, Just create a new Page as 2 , Create a new window name as win2 and then copy the Nodes of the Page 1 ..

I hope it is clear now..