cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deplopyment error: com.sap.sdm.util.sduread.IllFormattedSduFileException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing the below error while trying to deploy a webdynpro application using NWDS.

This error occurs only for one of the DCs and I am able to deploy the other applications

I have copied the src contents of other DC to this one, for updation. Is it the cause for this?

I tried in forums, did not get any relevant solution as of now. Any inputs on how to resolve this would be helpful?

=> deployment not executed : file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Temp/b/temp37625.ear

com.sap.sdm.util.sduread.IllFormattedSduFileException: The archive (/usr/sap/ED0/JC71/SDM/program/temp/temp37625.ear) must be deployed with a 6.20 SDM, which has a SDM-SDA compatible version 1 or greater.

=================================================================================

Deployment exception : Got problems during deployment

Thanks

Santhosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I resolved my issue by following below procedure.

There was some difference in the names shown .dcdef and .project files.

So I changed the names accordingly in those files and recreated the DC with the given name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

As a first and easiest option, please close the project, reopen it and try deploying again.

If the issue persists, follow the steps as given in this thread:

Please let me know the result.

Thanks and Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

I have closed and reopened the project, number of times but no luck yet.

I also have seen that thread earlier,but did not find useful hints for finding solution.

Any other thoughts on this

Thanks

Santhosh

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Please have a look at

Also please look at [here|http://forums.sdn.sap.com/search.jspa?threadID=&q=deployedwitha6.20SDM%2CwhichhasaSDM-SDAcompatibleversion1or+greater.&objID=&dateRange=all&numResults=15&rankBy=10001] for more details with similar issue.

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun Jasiwal

Edited by: Arun Jaiswal on Jul 21, 2010 1:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I have seen almost all threads and tried in different ways,but still no luck.

I created a new DC, and copied src ontents of my odl DC to new one,then I was getting the below error

com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application ouraes.com/prd. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine? (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted.

If i try to deploy the old DC, I am getting the error i posted earlier.

Any other sugesstions would be of great help

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Please check the default trace log file for more information.

It looks like used dc not deployed properly in the server and same application is deployed on the engine, for which you are trying to deploy same application with other DC might cause namespace conflict.

Refer to this might help [check here|;

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Just to add to the details of my issue, I get the below error as soon as I start deploy and Run in my NWDS

An internal error has occurred

Plugin name : Web Dynpro Archive Builder

Plugin ID : com.sap.ide.webdynpro.archivebuilder

Class: : com.sap.ide.webdynpro.archivebuilder.PARService

Method : getArchiveNameFromDCProject(IDCProject)

Exception : java.lang.Exception: Could not get name for DC project

I this issue,is causing problems while deploying.

When I saw, in the .project file of my application, DC name was different,so I changed to the proper name and reloaded the project but still, I am getting the error.

I feel it has something to do with the entries in my current DC,becoz i get the above error as pop up in NWDS only before deployment

Any inputs on this please

Thanks

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

This could happen because the name you have given for the dc is too long. Please verify that possibility.

Thanks and Regards,

Shyam.