cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML to XSD for SAP MDM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I like to convert XML (Schema is exported from MDM Repository) to XSD. We are using SAP MDM 7.1...Old xomlite won't work. Please let me know how to do that.

Thanks

Ganesh Kotti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use Altova XMLSpy software

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh

once try to follow below podcast and get the xsd out via NWDS

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/elearn?rid=/library/uuid/d0694d7d-ead4-2c10-8e89-c3312fb63581

Hope it helps

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For some reason it has not worked for me . I created XSD by using Altova XML SPY.

Thanks

Ganesh Kotti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks...I am missing some link. I don't know where i am missing the link...Please let me know how to contact you to discuss.

Ganesh Kotti

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hey can you specify where you lacking exactly. BTW you can contact me through Email.

Deep

Edited by: Deepak Gupta on Jul 22, 2010 1:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i downloaded XOMLITE , it does n't have templates folder as mentioned in the document. Where to get the full ZIP File.

2) If i have to Eclipse plugin where to download the ZIP file... Please let me know.

Thanks

Ganesh Kotti

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please take care - The u201Ctemplatesu201D directory delivered in the ZIP file MUST be in the same directory

where xolLite45.jar is

and that zip you can get at marketplace.

for some follow up please see below URL

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700006008052005E

This Xomlite ZIP will contain two .bat , one txt and a bin folder . for rest procedure you can follow the URL ,which has been provided in previous threads.

Hope it helps

Deep

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

you can follow below URL. it states same as your need.

Hope it helps.

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh

Xomlite does not work for MDM 7.1

We need to use a new Eclipse plugin for converting the schema to xsd.

There is a how to guide published from SAP on this topic, please refer ot the link below-

http://sapbisource.com/2010/01/generating-xml-schema-description-xsd-files-from-mdm-7-1-repositories...

In this how-to guide we present a solution that is based on the standard MDM XML-Repository

description, and a JAVA application that generates an XSD interface description from an available

MDM Repository.

The plug-in is delivered as a zip file. The plug-in needs to be stored in the plugins directory of SAP

NetWeaver Developer Studio. This plug-in could be used for generating the XSD and it also provides a

visual representation of the schema structure. It also enables the user to double click and navigate into

different components.

Thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I used NWDS in conjunction with the recommended Eclipse plug-in to generate an XSD with a schema from one of our custom (i.e. not standard SAP) repsitories in MDM 7.1 and didn't get the results I was expecting. With MDM 5.5 I am able to use xomLite to generate XSDs from our custom repository schemas, and the generated XSDs provide all fields from all tables including lookup/reference tables fields. When I try using NWDS with the Eclipse plug-in against one of our custom repositories on MDM 7.1 the generated XSD does not provide all fields in the repository. Specifically, the fields in the lookup tables are missing. The lookup fields are in the XSD but not all of the fields in the corresponding look up table show up in the schema definition. Only one display field in the corresponding lookup table is in the XSD.

Is this because I am using a custom repository (versus a standard SAP delivered repository), or is this the intention of this java utility, or is there a configuration with in NWDS that I missed?

Also, other than Altova XMLSpy, what other tools are commony used and recommended by SAP to generate XSDs from MDM 7.1? I've heard of people using Oxygen and Liquid XML as well. We will be upgrading from MDM 5.5 to MDM 7.1 soon and need to be able to generate XSDs from our custom repositories on 7.1

Thanks,

Courtney

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just wondering if Courtney Brewer ever got an answer to her question as I am facing the same issue (getting XSD's from an MDM 7.1 repository).

Thanks.

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Courtney/Ganesh

I would suggest to raise a ticket with SAP on this. We were able to generate the schema files, but in our case the repository was very basic for 7.1

And yes we can also use Liquid XML very effectively. I have not used Oxygen so far.

thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply!

When generating the XSDs via Liquid XML or Altova XMLSpy, are you able to use the schema generated via the "Export Schema" function in the Console? I believe I read in a previous post that in order to generate an XSD with these third party tools you need an xml instance of the repository; one that already contains sample data versus the schema generated out of the Console. Is that true?

Thanks,

Courtney

P.S. We created an OSS message regarding this issue and the reponse was to contact our consultant. We do not have a dedicated consultant, and I don't believe we will be getting one to assist with a technical upgrade from 5.5 to 7.1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Courtney,

How did you manage to create the XSD from the xml of MDM 7.1 repository..

Could you please share...

Regards,

Nimal