cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW Currency translation types in BO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a small concern on currency translation types, how the currency translation types are reflected into the BO reports??

Say for example i have created one currency conversion type in BW (RSCUR), this is straight forward get updated in BEX query designer, but how does it appearin BO if i create universe directly from the Infocube (Lets say).

Regards,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the moment currency conversion are not exposed at Infocubes level so they cannot be leveraged by universes.

We plan to support curency conversion in Infocubes in a future release.

The recommendation in that case is to use BEx queries.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Didier, but is there any alternative solution for the currency conversions in BO reports which are based on this type OLAP universes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry but I think that there is no alternative because currency conversion are based on ABAP programs that we cannot call directly in universes or in documents.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, if i create Bex query and then create a universe on this Bex query, could my report will fetch the data with proper conversion rate which i mentioned in Bex query???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the report will reflect the currency conversion.

You can also create an SAP variable on your currency conversion to make it more dynamic.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Very much Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Didier,

My case is little relevant to the cureent post.

I have created a variable with RSCUR transaction code to get user input date.

This variable prompts in the sap query.

Upon my SAP super query we have built an universe, to build bo reports.

As this variable is created with RSCUR transaction code, it is not reflecting with universe designer to get translated.

Can you please provide me any approach, on taging this variable with other dimension at sap query level or any other approach to solve this issue.

My requirement is to include it with sap query, to get reflected with universe.

Please let me know the approach on passing values from one varaible to other variable, which i guess would solve this issue.

Thanks.

Answers (0)