cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personalization data for WebDynpro ABAP application ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We can personalize WebDYnpro ABAP application via right click , show hide buttons , columns etc.

Where is this personalization data stored or how can it be retrieved assuming my application is executing outside the portal ?

Greetings

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

it is stored in the ABAP system - not the portal, so no issues about running outside the portal.

This is different to WDJ pagebuilder configuration/personalisation - which is stored in the portal!

you can see some of the personalisation framework that is used for things like storing POWL user preferences etc in the backend via the IMG path

Cross-Application Components --> General Application Functions --> Generic SAP Business Suite Functions --> Personalization (sic) .

Hope this helps you,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

i was looking for table names and logic for retrieving personalization for a user say PVERMA1 and for custom webDynpro application ZWD_PS_CODES_APP where user has hiden a btnShow on view V_MAIN.

Greetings

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

You could use the webdynpro application "WD_ANALYZE_CONFIG_USER" to know the personalization data for the users in that particular system, it is standard webdynpro application, you have a cool ui to see the data why looking for tables where it gets stored.

You could run the mentioned webdynpro application and then enter the user name and what you have mentioned is implicit personalization. you could also see the data for explicit personalization.

Great way to monitor personalization data.

Regards

Anurag Chopra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anurag. Possibly i can debug the component and find the logic.

Answers (0)