cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender file adapter to pick up both *.pdf and *.PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to configure my sender file communication channel in a way that it picks up both *.pdf as well as *.PDF. I do not want to use .. I tried with *. [Pp][Dd][Ff] but did not work.

Any inputs?

Thanks and regards,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

if you would like to place only the pdf files in the FTP folder, then u can use . and if any other formats are used then keep the extension as .pdf .

Regards

Hareen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

Use "Advanced Selection for Source File" in File sender channel. Refer -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your responses.

The 'Additional Files" will send the additional files as attachments to messages. See what is mentioned in

help.sap.com.

"If you have selected the transport protocol File System (NFS) and have set the Additional Files(s) indicator, you can enter the additional files that are to be included in the XI message as attachments."

But my requirement is to poll the files only with .pdf or .PDF and I dont want them as attachments.

Any other inputs?

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to choose Advance selection for source not an Additional fiels. Try..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Advanced Selection for Source File

If you want to set an exclusion mask for the File Name specified above, or if you want to specify multiple directories using a file name mask and exclusion mask, set the Advanced Selection for Source File indicator.

Regards

Ramg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

You can use ganesh reply or you can also see this blog for some more information:

/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.You can use Advance selection file option

2. . - If sure your directory contains only pdf files.

Regards

Ramg