cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe document service - on 64 bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are planning to implement ADS ( adobe document services ) as a part of NW 2004 s SR1 inorder to support Manager self service business package . We have selected Windows server 64 bit environment for our AS java / portal server . BUt as per the note , 925741 , adobe document services is not supported in 64 bit environment as a work around , SAP suggests to install an additional stand-alone Application Server Java (AS Java) on a platform supported by ADS . I have few questions on this

1) When you say additional AS java environment , do you mean to say that we have to install AS java in an additional 32 bit server apart from a 64 bit environment ?

2) How it is going to combine , Is there any documentation in this direction . Pls advice

Thanks

Aneez

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aneez,

I hope I can some clarification for you:

If your applications and SAP NetWeaver system installations are based on an OS that is not supported by ADS (and you require ADS), then you will have to install the ADS capabilities on another server that is running an OS support by ADS. You can then connect this ADS to you existing systems using the information in SAP Note 925741.

As ADS is part of the AS JAVA usage type, you'll actually be installing AS JAVA to get the ADS capabilities.

1) If you want to use Windows OS, you have to use a separate server with the 32bit version.

2) SAP note 925741 has some information on the future outlook.

I hope this helps,

Mike

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the release of Adobe ADS in 64bit likley in Q1. We will be going live in August 07 with 64bit Windows 2003 server across the board. ADS is currently the only real show stopper for us.

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, SAP can currently make no statement on when 64 bit (x86_64) will be supported in 2007. We are planning to support it in the first half of the year, but cannot make a commitment at this point.

Best regards,

Markus Meisl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Very much !! . Can you tell me the seperate AS java ( 32 bit ) where the ADS is going to reside is a dialog instance or central instance( with central service instance ) ?

Thanks

Aneez

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Th dialog instance is currently not generally released (see Note 933402 on Heterogeneous J2EE Installation), therefore your only option at this point is the central instance - unless you want to apply to SAP to be a pilot.

Kind regards,

Markus Meisl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

can you a term give when ads will available for 64 BIT?

Regards Oliver

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver,

the current SAP NetWeavert 2004s PAM shows that ADS runs (<b>always in 32-bit emulation mode!</b>) on

- Suse SLES 9 on x86_64 64bit

- Red Hat EL 4 on x86_64 64bit

- AIX 5.2 and 5.3 64bit

- HP-UX 11.11 and 11.23 on PA-RISC 64bit

- Solaris 9 and 10 on SPARC 64 bit

Windows for x86_64 is planned to be supported probably by Q1/2007.

For native 64 support (IA64), all currently available information is available in <a href="http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/925741">SAP Note 925741</a> under 'Outlook'.

Best regards,

Markus Meisl