cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDS behavior in upload data object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I´m developing a data objet kind upload and I need that the information is in the CDS tables of data object without a backend adapter. When I prove the upload sync with the PDA, the data aren´t in the CDS, and doesn´t help me.

I will have other function model Z, that is going to consult the information in the table and will export to BI.

Thanks.

Edited by: Javier Caballero on Jul 20, 2010 9:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All data in the DOE needs to be 'owned' and verified by a backend.

So AFAIK, without a backend adapter, there is nobody to verify that data created is correct. This is why, the DOE will not persist this data in CDS (Look in NetWeaver Mobile Administrator, in the 'Monitoring' section to verify this).

For example, data CREATEd by a device needs to be assigned backend keys before the DOE can persist it. This is done by calling the CREATE BAPI Wrapper (which is expected to return the keys for each CREATE call).

One way to solve your problem would be to create an adapter with destination NONE and implement the BAPI Wrapper in the DOE system itself. Then, in the BAPI wrapper, export your data to BI. Consulting CDS is not a good idea. It contains several fields that are irrelevant to the application (but used by DOE internally).