cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer pricing procedure changed to Canada, still shows US

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts, I need help.

I need to create a new pricing procedure for Canada (which I have done), and I assigned the procedure to the customers I want in XD02. So it now uses the procedure. I am not collecting CA tax so we have created a condition of z0 for 0%

The problem I see is my sales order is still picking US for the "Country" even when CA for Canada is in the ship to address. I need to know how to make it determine that CA is the country; not US.

Also, in customer master record xd02 under sales area data = > billing documents then Taxes, it only shows US and US tax categories. The system will not allow me to edit this and change it to CA. Why? How can I create this?

My ultimate goal is to allow billing document creation when the customer has a Canadian address. Our system currently was only set up with on pricing procedure, US, so it errored each time with invalid tax jurisdiction. So we need to allow the CA pricing procedure to be used but we don't want to charge or collect sales tax; only send the proper jurisdiction tax code to FI module.

Thanks experts! Will allot point for any helpful reply.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JJ,

According to your questions.

1. ITs the Country & Tax Calculation Procedure (Financial Accouting - FA Global Settings - Tax on sales/Purchases - Basic Settings - Assign Country to Calculation Procedure) and not Price Procedure which determines the valid Jurisdiction codes and Tax categories in the Billing document of the Customer record.

2. The logic is that the company code is assigned to one country & one country is only assigned to one Tax calculation procesdure. But one tax calculation procedure can be assigned to more than one countries. Basically a US company charges and collects Tax based US Tax Calculation procedure. In short a US company cannot use Canadian Tax calculation procedure and charge canadian customers.

3. You have to define a a Tax code - Z0 =0% based on the Tax Jurisdicton of the company code or Sales Organistion. You can name the Z0 as Tax exempt for Canadian Customers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to you both. The info was great.

I think basically you are saying I can't use company code 1234 as both US and CA. I would need a new company code, is that correct?

I think it will work if I ask FI consultant to make CA use the taxusj tax procedure instead. We only have one company code at our company, a US company. All of our plants are assigned as US as well.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look for on following link for more clarity and understanding:

[ Define Tax Determination Rules |http://www.sap-img.com/sd009.htm]

Hope this can assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP