cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Sender : Multiple File being picked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a scenario where I have multiple files in a directory . I have set the option to Processing Parameters to be EOIO and poll interval to be 60 seconds.

The processing sequence is by Name.

This File sender triggers a BPM. What I see is that when the File sender polls the directory. If ther are multiple files, they get picked up at the same time and as many BPM are started.

I would like it to work pretty much in a serial format where it picks up only one file triggers the BPM. When the BPM is done it can trigger the next file.

How can I do this ??

Regards

Aju Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aju,

If the file is getting picked up by its name, how is it that the folder has several files with the same name?

Also, see if the business rqmt gives you the scope to process by date instead..

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sushmmna

This is an often occuring scenario, where in you have a multitude of files that need to be processed. Something close to an EDI scenario.

The problem is that these files donot have a naming convention, in fact there are occurances wherein more then one file shows up at the exact same time stamp.

The business requirement doesnot allow for a change in the process. That is the core reason why I am keeping it as a EOIO scenario

Aju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aju,

I have come across such scenarios...but not ones wer you have files wid same names in the same path wid almost same time stamps:)...well, d time stamp format can be specified upto milli seconds!...

Will you be able to give some kind of an "advanced selection for the source file"-this option is available in the ftp adapter..here's the link to the documentation(just in case u haven't come across it earlier):-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aju,

BPM is EO before SP15 and even if you keep file adapter EOIO once it reaches BPM it will not follow that procedure.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am aware that BPM will only support EOIO in step1 and not in the following steps.

As I know EOIO is the only way you can still enforce that the files are picked up in the right order.

Are there other approaches/solutions to the same problem ?

Aju

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about increasing poll time?

-Naveen.

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

Aju-

Why is that triggering two simulataneous BPMs an issue? If its not too much information, would you be able to let us know what you are trying to do? May be there is a round about but a safer route.

KK

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BPM on the output side EOIO becomes EO. But in SP16 onwards, you can maitain EOIO in BPM.

About this refer SAP Note -833740.

Regd. Polling of multiple files .. Even I have observered samething once. But then entire requirement was changed.. not sure why it is happening..

Also try with making ReadOnly options checked in the Sender file adapter.

Regards,

Moorthy