cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back-end Database Structure of SAP MDM - Database <Repository Name>_m000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trying to check how the database structured for SAP MDM. I've found out that all tables and fields created can be found under database name <Repository Name>_m000

A2i_CM_TABLES lists down the tables created in MDM Console. It also provides a table ID. This table ID can then be used under A2i_CM_FIELDS to identify the fields that are created for the table in the MDM Console. To be able to view the values of a table, we go to A2i_X_Text where X = Table ID.

The problem is I'm checking the values of fields created for a certain table and noticed that all look-up fields can not be seen in A2i_X_Text. Do you know where these fields are stored?

Note: I can see the values if I go to the look-up table itself but not the value of the look-up field for a certain record of a table.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We donu2019t intend to modify the fields in the table but to understand how the structure of the DB is in case we want to use it to pull reports. So accessing DB will be for read-only and not for write mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello lis716

Sorry. I dont know exacly DB structure, but you can use DB re-engineering for that.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lis

with MDM 7.1 SAP has also provided DB views on slave repositories for Directly connecting MDM with SAP BusinessObjects Data Services. For more details you can refer to slide 16 in following link.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/101fdef1-7776-2b10-0ab9-8d67c1f3e...

But again this is service provided by SAP consultant and they need to be contacted for the initial setup.

hope this helps-Ravi

Edited by: Ravi Kumar on Aug 9, 2010 2:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello lis716

I'm not recomend working with SAP MDM database directly moreover modify some data at Database level because database structure is close information. (i had expiriens to mass upload users and their roles directly in MDM database, after that operation repository hasn't been started - repair returned a lot of errors and i was very happy when repository has been started)

You can lost important data because database structure may be modify in any time.

SAP MDM provide API for different development platforms as is .NET, ABAP, JAVA, COM.

My suggestion you should use API in your application for connect to data.

Additional information about API you can find here:

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/installmdm71

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka