cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro(ABAP) User Decision without UWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all you Guru's out there.

I am very noob when it comes to Workflow and ABAP WD so please excuse me if this is a dumb question. I have searched the web and read part of the Practical Workflow for SAP 2nd Edition before coming here. So I have looked this is not just a quick fix I'm searching for.

I have a problem at the moment, I am currently at a client that does not have the portal installed yet, hence no UWL, they are however on NetWeaver 7.01 so I can make ABAP Web Dynpro's.

Problem is I have to create a workflow that uses the ABAP WD to make a decision - approve or reject. But I can't find anything that helps in this sence there is an example in the Practical Workflow book but this uses UWL and the blog by the writer of this book here on SDN also uses the same approach using UWL.

Has anyone achieved this without the UWL.

This is what I have tried, but not sure if it is going to work:

1) Created a program that uses cl_gui_frontend_services=>execute to execute my WD application - this works fine but I don't know if the workflow will wait for this call to finish before continuing with the next step in the workflow?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I found my answer in another thread: I should use the FM WDY_EXECUTE_IN_PLACE. This will definately execute the WD in-place and the workflow will wait untill this step is complete.

Correct me if I am wrong though.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the FM I mentioned above but alas it didn't work.

I had to use some of the standard workflow FM's to perform a completion of steps etc.

Namely SAP_WAPI_*.

Thanks

Carlos