cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stack update - procedure - sandbox and production systems.

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

This is the first SP update I've done since updating Solution Manager. I'm using MOPZ for the first time so still a little unsure of how it fits in.

I would like to update our Solution manager from stack 21 to stack 23. I've used MOPZ to start a maintenance transaction. I used did not use the option to have mopz calculate and download the files, but instead used it to go to the download site and select the files and put them in my download basket. Then I've downloaded them to our "staging" directory.

The question I have now regarding the Sandbox system. It isn't part of the landscape. Can I just use SPAM/SAINT and JSPM to implement the package updates? Mostly just want to do a run through on the sandbox.

On the production system... should I also use SPAM/SAINT and JSPM or is it such that I need to use MOPZ to impelment the updates? I don't have SLM configured.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did this exact SP update from 21 to 23 using SPAM/SAINT and JSPM tools and as far as I know this is the only method permited today. You could use JSPM to update kernel if you want or do it manually and then use SAINT and SPAM to update ABAP stack and JSPM for the Java stack.

If you want you could try using downtime minimized in SPAM but I have never use it so I can´t comment on it, what I usually do is to use 3 or 4 parallel processes in SPAM so import will be faster.

We have a Sandbox Solman and a Prod Solman as you have so you could get a rougth idea on the time you will spend during the installation.

Regards,

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks AC, I'll continue on the path I'm on then. Nice to know someone else has been down the same path!

Laurie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am performing upgrade form SP 18 to SP 24. I am clear about upgrade from SAIN/SPAM and JSPM, but we have CHARM, RCA and Service Desk setup in SOLMAN. What all post upgrade activities we have to do on SOLMAN and satellite system. There is no guide present which explain what all activities to do after SP upgrade.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

First of all you will need to read SAP note 1244225 and apply central note 1405878 (this is mandatory), I don´t think that CHARM or Service Desk will be affected but probably you will get new functionalities. About RCA it is a different story, if you are using old agent versions you will have to update those to the newer versions, SDM for example must be 7.11 version to be able to work with Solman 7 EHP1 Stack 24.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AC,

Thanks for your responce. Right now I am using SMD agent version 7.01.

By changing LM-SERVICE on SOLMAN to 7.11 does it also update all SMD agents running on satellite system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No it will not, you will need to uninstall and install again the agents in the satellite systems, It is not very time consuming but it will take some of your time.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No it will not, you will need to uninstall and install again the agents in the satellite systems, It is not very time consuming but it will take some of your time.

Regards,