cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll mailserver for different accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

, I have a requirement where PI is expected to fetch Emails on a mail server which are associated with different Email accounts. As far as i know PI can only fetch emails associated with one account. I need to fetch emails from around 100 accounts. Is there any work around for this ? I don't want to create 100 CCs with sender mail adapters.

My initial thought was to forward all Emails from these 100 accounts on to one single account which can be used by PI .

Any body has other ideas for this problem ??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My initial thought was to forward all Emails from these 100 accounts on to one single account which can be used by PI .

I would do the same. Otherwise you'd have to maintain a hundred channels.

Depending on what you want to do with these emails, it might also be a good idea to keep the original sender and receiver address. If you just forward the emails to a new inbox, you might loose the original sender. But forwarding and keeping the original sender sould be possible with a rule on your mailserver.

regards,

Daniel

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks guys

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wonder what happens if the user authentication is not selected in the sender adapter. Does that mean it effectively fetches Email from all the mailbox accounts on the server ?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as i know PI can only fetch emails associated with one account

One channel can fetch mails from one account. But PI (with multiple channels) can fetch mails from many accounts.

I wonder what happens if the user authentication is not selected in the sender adapter.

I think you will receive NullPointerException.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudheer,

I think under the circumstances, the solution proposed by you will be better and easier to implement.

I would be curious to know if anyone comes with a better solution

Best of luck with your scenario!

Regards,

Neetesh

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Other than writing your own adapter, I do not think so..!!

VJ