cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine Size of data to be copied.

0 Kudos

Is there a way to determine how much space you new copy is going to take. I am unable to find anything and we keep running out of room on our data & cost center reduction.

Thanks in advance,

Tania

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tania. Are you running time slice or BPL?

If time slice (TDTIM), make sure to execute and activate in "De / Activate size for prediction in Receiver system" in "System Analysis" phase.

Then you can execute activity "Display Data Transfer Volume" in the same phase.

It is good to execute optional activity "Analyze table sizes" as well.

If you running BPL scenario, execute optional activities "Start Simulation" and "View simulation results" in phase "Setup phase for BPL". This will show you the tables transferred, number of records and expected data and index volume.

Provide the data and index size information (with table names) to your DBAs. They can make sure the tablespaces for the tables and indexes have sufficient space on the Receiver system as predicted by TDMS. They can monitor the tablespace growth as you run the scenario and add space as needed.

Edited by: r.shanmu on Jul 20, 2010 10:59 AM

0 Kudos

Thanks,

I was not running the optional excercise in order to save time and it ended up costing me because my time slice was too large and I ran out of space on the database.

Thanks for the help.

Answers (0)