cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract versioning into SRM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

i've actived Versioning into SRM 5.0 without Badi.

I know that into BBPD_COMP_FIELDS i can see the fields with which a new contract version can be created. But i don't understand if the name of the group related to Contract Version is really Version Comparition for Contract Distribution.

I'm asking this becouse i've modified the table like desired by me...but nothing changes: version are always created.

am i loosing something?

regards

andrea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My understanding is that once you turned on versioning for a business object type, e.g. Contract via SPRO, new versions are going to be created unless you insert explicit entries to exclude the comparison of those undesired fields in

Table: BBPD_COMP_FIELDS

Compare method: CRV

Compare kind: E

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks 4 your cooperation

what's about CRV? Version comparations for contract distribution?

and what's about E?

regards

andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally speaking table BBPD_COMP_FIELDS is used for comparison between two documents in SRM. So the main usage of this table is in FM 'BBP_PROCDOC_GET_DIFF', which is used by many routines including BBP_PROCDOC_CREATE_VERSION for version creation. The "Compare Method" defines the feature where different areas wants to make use of this table. "CRV" is for version control feature. "Compare Kind" has only two values, "Inclusive" or "exclusive". The value "E" indicate that the field does not want to be compared. So for example if you have an entry such as the following in table BBPD_COMP_FIELDS :

COMPARE_METHOD = CRV

STRUCTURENAME = BBP_PDS_HEADER

FIELDNAME = TOTAL_VALUE

COMPARE_KIND = E

This would mean that if you ONLY change the total value in your document and release it, no new document version would be created. Give it a try.

Answers (0)