cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial numbers in sales order/delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a question question on Bar code number generation. Please note that this is NOT a question on bar code printing or issuing output to printer.

One of our customers requires serial numbers for all the products that we supply to them and they give us a serial number range from time to time and every material that we supply to them must go with one new serial number from their range.

It may not be able to possible achieve the above functionality by maintaining serial numbers in the Material Master as it is customer specific. I need to maintain this number range somewhere and when the sales order/delivery is entered for this particular customer, the system must check (or some function module) the next available number and assign a number to the material.

I checked all the possible help sites, but they do not explain about getting it for particular customer. Can you please suggest me any methods or procedures to do it

Regards

Monika

Edited by: Monika2010 on Jul 20, 2010 3:14 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In order to maintain customer specific serial numbers you can do the following steps:

1. Maintain the serial numbers provided by your client in tcode IQ01. this will create the customer serial numbers in the system.

2. In the material master under Sales View maintain the serial number profile as 0002. this is sap standard.

3. Once the above has been maintained you can assign serial numbers at the time of delivery and NOT in sales order.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Vishesh

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can very well enable this.

For creating the new number range go to this link. It is simple and easily explained

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=50004015

You can use the newly created number range to take effect in delivery document using the FM L_SER_DELIVERY_NUMBER. You can search for some user exits related to this. If you give the FM, the developer should be able to find out the correct user exit for this.

hope this helps