cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default values for QA16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can we make UD plant, selected set and UD code default for all users in QA16?

I am not talking about user specific setting. I want to make it default for all users. Its now taking some other values as default. How to change it?

I made a variant with desired setting, can we make that variant default in layout?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

While saving variant layout there is setting(Tick) of making user specific or system default.Did it not solve your purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

I cam see only one check box related to system (System Variant: Automatic Transport), but that field is grayed out.

Which one are you referring to?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct actually I was talking about Layout.

Creating Variant will only be a User Specific.which will not solve your purpose.

I thing You should explore the SHD0 with the kind of screen Variant you need....this may help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks! Yes I tought of that too. I guess there is no standard setting available to pick up plant code and UD code.

I am closing the thread, but iin case anyone comes up with any idea, pls revert back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You create one variant for plant and UD code and save it.

when any user want to use this transaction for QA16 you can select this veriant and execute the transction.

or Schedule the backgtround job with this varient.

let me know if you need some more.

best regards,

Nilesh I.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

I have made a variant and instructed to use that one.

How to schedule the background processing that you are referring?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to go in sm36 enter the job name which is sutable for you.

click on step button and enter the program name of transaction QA16 and enter the variant name which you have created.

save this and go on the button start and give the schedule condition as per the requirements save the changes

Job will get ready to run.

If you got ur answer please give points and close this thread.

best regards,

Nilesh i

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am getting error msg that the programme can not be scheduled.