Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which User will be used at the backend after merging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 roles for example Role A and Role B

Role A - iview1, iview2, iview3 and a user mapping is done to this role with a backend system XYZ-username: hello

Role B - iview4, iview5 and a user mapping is done to this role with a backend system XYZ -username: bye

Now i merge these two roles and a new role is displayed to users as Role C in top level navigation and in second level all the 5 iviews are displayed.

Now when i access iview 1 which user will be used in the backend system and in the same way when i access iview 4 which user will be used.

Does it uses the same users hello and bye or how it is.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Pradeep

Edited by: pradeep balam on Jul 20, 2010 2:20 PM

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi if you assign ROLEC which contains iview1...................iview5

since Hello has iview1, iview2, iview3 user will have authorizations to only these three views if the authorization is from Backend systems

Similarly Bye will have only Ivieiview4 & iview5.

Assuming you have made iviews connected to the mapped system/Backend.

A user will get all the iview authorization only if both roles are assigned to the user on the backend

But if you have simply created views on the portal and are assigning that roleC to both users, and content is from the portal itself then Iviews will be operational.

In simple words user will be authorized depending on what is assigned to the user on the backend and Portal.

hope this helps

0 Kudos

Hi Frankli,

Let me explain you what exactly i'm doing

I have a roles with names Role A and Role B

Role A - iview1, iview2, iview3

Role B- iview2

here iview 2 is only 1 iview not 2 diff iviews.

Now i did merging and it displayed like this in Top level Navigation it displayed Role and under that it is displaying iview1, iview2,iview3,iview2 (when the 2 roles Role A and Role B are assigned to a user)

1 more thing is these iview are ABAP WD iviews and i did user mapping to the system for roles not for the users

that means i did usermapping to Role A with a user (XYZ backend user) and for Role B (ABC backend user)

Now as it is displaying iview 1, iview2, iview3, iview2 it will use XYZ user when i click on the second one and it will use ABC user when i click on the last iview, but the requiremnt is when user got both the roles iview should not be repeated in the sense it should displyat as Role under that iview 1, iview 2, iview 3. This i'm able to do by giving the same merge id which i created for roles to the iview 2.

Now my concern is as it displays only 1 iview when user got both the roles role A and role B which backend user it uses.

Will i be able to trace from Portal side or i need to trace it from the bakend system sm04 tcode.

Please let me know

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

Now i merge these two roles and a new role is displayed to users as Role C in top level navigation and in second level all the 5 iviews are displayed.

If user hello / bye as role c he will be able see iveiw1 to 5.

As role c will give access to Top level navigation.

even when you merge the role, user must have auth,then only he will be able to see the data.

Thanks,

Sri