Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get UWL task list from WD4ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gurus.

I add some radiobuttons as custom attributes into UWL,

now I want to add button to UWL wich launch my WD4ABAP application,

can u help me, how can I get list of wf tasks with wiid's & this custom attribute values (selected radiobutton)

from WD4ABAP?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oleg

I'm probably too late with this response but...

Rather than trying to get your WDA app to read the UWL data why not pass the UWL data to the WDA app via parameters? SAP Help gives some examples:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/20/f0c82c9f6748c58d9ea14b3bbed93a/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/20/f0c82c9f6748c58d9ea14b3bbed93a/frameset.htm]

An example of passing data from a specific work item:

<Property name="DynamicParameter" value="WORK_ITEM_ID=${item.externalId}&amp;PARAM1=${item.FIELD1}" />

This should send the work item id from the UWL to a WDA parameter named WORK_ITEM_ID and the value of FIELD1 from the UWL to a WDA parameter named PARAM1.

Hope it helps

Regards

Glen

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oleg,

short answer, you can't.

The UWL is a Java application running on a portal - it is designed to retrieve data from multiple systems. The configuration used by the UWL is stored on the Java server, not within any ABAP system. I do not believe that there are any APIs available to query this configuration.

You might be able to read table SWFVT to see if a task has been configured for WDA - but this is NOT necessarily the config used by the UWL - merely a way of generating it.

You could also query the open tasks of a user by using the standard WF functions - check out package SWF_POWL for some implementations of POWL which mimic the UWL behaviour.

eg:

DATA: lo_wl TYPE REF TO cl_swf_powl_worklist.

CREATE OBJECT lo_wl
    EXPORTING
      i_user     = i_username
      i_language = i_langu.

CALL METHOD lo_wl->get_worklist
    EXPORTING
      i_translate_wi_text = 'X'
*     it_task_filter      = im_task_filter
*     it_status_filter    = im_status_filter
    IMPORTING
      et_worklist         = et_workitems
    EXCEPTIONS
      read_failed         = 1
      OTHERS              = 2.
  IF sy-subrc IS NOT INITIAL.
    MESSAGE ID sy-msgid TYPE 'E' NUMBER sy-msgno
      WITH sy-msgv1 sy-msgv2 sy-msgv3 sy-msgv4
      RAISING failed.
    EXIT.
  ENDIF.

I doubt this code is "released" for public use - but it should be helpful!

Cheers,

Chris