cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from 7.6 to 7.7, what's the main difference?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are running a BI 7.0 system on NW7.0 and MaxDB 7.6.04.007, all works fine. For some other systems we are running 7.7 and I was thinking about upgrading our BI system to that release as well.

Would we gain any performance boost, better security or stability? What is the real difference between the releases? I can´t find any information on this. If not, I will just go for the latest 7.6.06.11 release.

Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are running a BI 7.0 system on NW7.0 and MaxDB 7.6.04.007, all works fine. For some other systems we are running 7.7 and I was thinking about upgrading our BI system to that release as well.

Would we gain any performance boost, better security or stability? What is the real difference between the releases? I can´t find any information on this. If not, I will just go for the latest 7.6.06.11 release.

Please advice.

Ok, you may start with the Wiki article SAP MaxDB and liveCache Version 7.7 to get a better overview.

There are also Feature List sap notes available, describing many things in more detail.

Since many features have been down-ported to 7.6 already you likely won't see any "performance boost".

Anyhow, 7.6 does lack a lot of 'internal' enhancements which make it easier to analyse problems.

So I'd propose to go to 7.7 if there's no reason against it.

It's pretty stable meanwhile.

But it would also be reasonable to skip 7.7 and wait for 7.8 to be released for all products.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick reply and a informative answer, I will look at the links you provided.

Edit: When will BI and SRM get support for 7.8 by the way?

Jonas

Edited by: Jonas Nielsen on Jul 21, 2010 10:46 AM

Answers (0)