cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: mainwindow in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have designed the comment window and main window ,here i am using 2 main windows

1)if the comment window(varibale window) doesn't have the data then main window should appear in the place of comment window.

2)if we have the data in comment window ,the main main window should appear down to comment window.

regards,

sumanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest a better idea,

1. Create 3 windows, one is Comment, secondary and main window.. (Comment is nothing just a secondary window )

2. In Layout editor Overlap Comment & Secondary window (Try to do it)

3. Now Keep the main window below the these two overlapping window.

4. There must be some logic or condition like below:

If coment window is empty , Trigger secondary window & hide main window ,, else hide secondary window ..

Pass this condition in Conditon tab of windows..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure this needs two windows at all.

Create a main window, the first thing in this main window is a text element containing whatever is currently in your comment window. Then follow this with whatever is currently in you main window.

Appliy some condition to your text element so it is only displayed if it contains data. If there is data the comment will appear, then the main window content after it, if not the (original) main window content will start at the top of the window.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

make one window main window and the other secondary window,

in the conditions tab you can mention that depending on what condition you want the windows to appear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

According to me we can not have more than 1 main windows on a page.Please explain if i am missing something.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to create form without main window, create two window both window has the type Secondary window. u will achieve the task.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

actually we place two main windows by selecting second main window option has final window ant general attributes but,when we go next page it is not displaying with same condtion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try this by having a main windows and other as secondary window(comment window).

Thanks!!