cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Categories not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For my TAXINN requirement I had defined JIVC and JIVP two tax categories and assigned it to country IN. I had created few tax classifications to each of them.

JIVC - CST Exempt, Full CST and C Form

JIVP - VAT exempt, Full VAT and CT2 form

I had created a customer (inter-state for CST sales). In the sales area data - Billing I had maintained tax classifications as below

JIVP - 0 VAT Exempt

JIVC - 2 C form

When I create a sales order, system is picking up only JIVP-0 and not JIVC-2

Plant Region is 22

Ship-to Region is 20

Tax classfn of Cust is 0 (2 is correct one)

Tax classfn of Matl is 1 (Full CST)

As the above combination is not relevant for CST, system doesn't find any condition record.

The basic reason for the problem I understand is that when I maintain MULTIPLE TAX Classifications for customer it is not picking up second one. It is stopped at 1st one.

Can some one suggest what should I do?

Please feel free to ask questions.

Thnx

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

If this issue is already solved, could you let me know how did you solve this issue. I am facing similar issue.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

This clearly indicates that the condition record has not been maintained properly.

You can go to the item condition screen, click on the "Analysis" button.

Now, select the condition type JIVC.

On the right hand side system will show that the Condition record is missing on desired level.

Create the condition record on that combination in VK11 and proceed.

After creating the condition record in another session, you can click on "Update" button in your Sales order item condition screen , choose Pricing Type G and system will fetch the value for JIVC.

Regards

Pradyumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

In Tax classification category if you have set access sequence as JIVC as 1 and JIVP as 2, then if you have condition record with same combination for JIVC and JIVP then the record for JIVC will be picked up by default first.

So if the customer is not relevant for VAT then do not maintain the condition record for that combination.

Hope it is clear.

thanks,

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Did you copy the existing tax categories to create a new one?

Regards

Samier Danish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Pls check the access sequence & its technical fields & compare this with fields appearing sales documents

Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am not really familiar with CIN concept, but by seeing your question as you said the condition type for C form is not picking, general C form is used for interstate sales, so are the goods delivered with in the state or interstate.

Please look into that. And this is just a wild guess i am not sure if it gonna help you.

balu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The goods are very much inter-state and hence CST is applicable.

I had maintained condition record for inter-state only.....

Since I have two tax categories (JIVP and JIVC) in the master data system is pcking tax classfn only from JIVP and ignores JIVC. If it picks up the tax classfn for JIVC then it will automatically pick up my condition record.