cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One production receipt multiple Inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM,

I have final Inspection with 04 - Inspection type.

Production final goods receipt will happen for the whole production quantity for a shift. But quality people wants need split of production quantity as inspection lot.

Example:

Production goods receipt: 1000Nos

Quality Inspection lot will be a 250nos as one lot, like 4 lots (1000 / 250).

Note: My client doesnu2019t want any entry from as spilt entry like 250, 250, 250, and 250. Client wants to enter in single time as 10000Nos.

Please give me u r advice how to do auto spilt the quantity during creation of inspection lot from production goods receipt.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

S.Babusingh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Through split goods receipt problem solved.

Regards,

SBS

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understand, you want production to enter 1000 once and for that to create 4 lots of 250 ea. Sorry, no standard functionality for that. I'm not sure why production wouldn't do 4 confirmations. When is the 1000 put in? If its not until the end of day, QM won't have any inspection lots to record against. If they do it in the morning before everything is actually made, they might not make it.

Don't let production drive everything. This is an integrated system and sometimes folks have to do things they don't like. QM shouldn't have to take all the hits to adjust ot everyone else. This happens over and over again in projects with QM. Production needs to confirm the product when they make it. If the material is bundled every 250 units, or inspected every 250 units, than they should confirm every 250.

The only possible solution is for QM to use inspection poiints. Then you create a new inspection point for each 250 units. This might be a problem if you are batch managed and want to use an average of the results as IP don't copy the average of the results to the batch for 04 lots using IP.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babusingh,

As per my understanding from your given example there is no fix qty, no reference that system should create inspection lot

for such scenario not available in std sap.

Better tray to go for qty splitting during GR, so that system will create inspection lot based on mtrl document posting.

Thanks

Shiva