cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow for a 2 step approval based on WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have to create a two step approval strategy on EBP. First step approval must not be signed by the responsible in the organizational structure ( I mean: not the direct chief of the person who bought the shopping basket), but I need the shopping basket to be approved by the responsible of the WBS used in the basket.

Second step approval must be signed by the head of purchasing organization.

We have SRM 5.0, and R/3 4.70c (in a few months ECC 6.0..)

Any suggestion? I'm new at workflows..

Thanks in advance,

Daniele

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want some one else apart from the Org Structure Hierarchy, you have to implement n-Step Badi BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI so that you can pull the required Approvers(WBS incharge, Purchase Org Head) into the Approval Flow.

N-Step BADi workflow gives flexibility to add your own custom logic to add approvers to the SC approval flow.

Regards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satya, I'll try taking a look at that BADI.

Is there any table/specific point of that BADI where I have to put the Approvers, or I have to write down code on my own?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You have to write ABAP code inside the BADI. The same BADI calls for all the business documents ( SC , PO and etc..)..

here is the high level technical details for your reference. Assume your requirment is for SC..

1. call the FM 'BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL' fm

2. Pass the GUID to get the sc details.

3. Table E_ACCOUNT will have the account details of the SC.

4 . Get the approver of the WBS.

5 . If approver is first level then "APPROVAL_INDEX" of the exporting parameter APPROVAL_TABLE will be 1. increase the index

based on the number of approvers..

Regards,

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Saravanan.

I'll give you all feedback as soon as possible.