cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Userstatus profile in Std. Milestone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the usage of Userstatus profile maintained in Standard milestone? From help it is not very clear.

Thx,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I agree with Gokul. This is status profile of the object to which Milestone assigned. becaseu Milstone is not relevatn for user status controlas object.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But milestone functions can be used in operative project only na. I assume it will consider the status of assigned objects for milestone function. But when a standard milestone is copied to operative project, what happens to the status profile maintained in the standard milestone,

Thx

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Singh, Milestone functions can be triggered based on System Status and User Status. But, you cannot maintain user status for standard network. So, if you want to create Std. Milestones with predefined Milestones functions based on user status, you have to make use of selection profile available in std. Milestone.

But when a standard milestone is copied to operative project, what happens to the status profile maintained in the standard milestone

Now, when you create the operative milestone by copying std. milestone, the sytem check for User status profile assigned to operative network and std.milestone. If both the profile are same, then system automatically copies milestone function and its parameter which you have defined in Std.Milestone based on user status. If the status profile are different, then system will not copy the milestone functions and paramert based on user status. It will be blank and you have to enter it manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You meant say that milestone function can be used in standard network?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, What I meant is, if you want have some predefined milestone function which is to be trigerred based on user status, then you can define those functions in std.mielstone itself. So that when you copy the std.mileston to operative those functions will also get created automatically based on status profile of network. So that user dont have to create milestone function each and everytime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Singh,

Why would you want to use milestone function in a Standard Network? Standard network is nothing but a template which you can use to create an operative network. Now as Ahmed has already told, if you are using the standard milestone which has predefined milestone functions with an already defined status profile, in the newly created operative network, users wont have to define the milestone fuinction again.

Hope it is clear now.

Regards,

Gokul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you are asking about the Status profile that you maintain while creating a standard milestone using t-code CN11. You need to specify this status profile in case you are using Milestone functions. There are certain milestone functions which you can use based on the status maintained for the particular object (WBS, Activity). As far as i know this is the role a status profile plays in the Milestone.

If anybody knows more about this please share.

Best Regards,

Gokul