cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 POWL Removal of TABS - Only for Particular Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are upgrading onto SRM 7.0 and one of the business requirements is to remove tabs "Team Carts" and "Confirmation of Team Carts" from POWL.

However the requirement is to exclude it only for one particular role. How can we achieve this?

I know that this we can restrict this through the following config:

Path: SPRO --> Cross-Application Componetns --> General Application Functions --> Generic SAP Business Suite Functions --> Personal Object Worklist --> Define Query Visibility at User Level or Define Query Visibility at Role Level

Define Query Visibility at Role Level:

Application ID: SAPSRMGP_E_CHECKSTATUS

Role : /SAPSRM/EMPLOYEE

Query ID: SAPSRM_E_CHECKSTATUS_01

Category: SC

However I would not be able to use the above config to exclude the two tabs for only one role.

Is there any other way to achieve this?

Regards,

Srinu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try transactoin POWL_QUERYR and see if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I think you can do this by config.

Path: SPRO > SAP supplier Relationship management> SRM server--> POWL and Advanced Search --> Adjust POWL Layout, Search Criteria, and Pushbuttons

in which you can define,configure your feeder and it's catalog, actions and other criteria , then make this feeder type available to application/role..

Hope this helps..

Thanks,

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I have already looked at this option and it does not seem possible through this.

The catch is that POWL_QUERYR would allow me to make particular queries available for a particular role.

However what I want to do is the exact opposite. Exclude some queries for a particular role.

Regards,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Through transaction POWL_QUERYR, try to define Application ID + Query ID with explicit roles. By default, no role is maintained for SAPSRM_E_CHECKSTATUS application, so all 5 queries (5 tabs) are presented for all roles. So try the following:

1) Remove these (default) 5 entries from the view

2) For the role that allows all 5 tabs, create 5 entries with the role ID.

3) For the role that does not allow two of the tabs, create another 3 entries with the role ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I need to exclude only fore one role. So this approach would require me to make 5 entries for each role that I want to include. And that number is large. Whereas the exclusion is only for 1 role. I was wondering if there is a simpler way to achieve this.

Regards,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Define a composite role, e.g. call it "Z_SC_POWL_ALL_TABS" that includes all but one role. And put that composite role to the "role ID" column of all 5 entries. See if that works out. So for this application, you have altogether 8 entries. 5 for this composite role, 3 for the only role you want to exclude the two tabs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

You can create a new Application ID and assign the required queries to it. You can assign this application ID to the new role and end-users can see only those queries on portal. Authorization object to assigne application ID is CA_POWL.

Thanks,

Anshuk Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

try below:

open webdynpro component POWL_UI_COMPONENT in se80

-Component configuration -> select /SAPSR,/POWL_CONFIG_SC .> CLICH START CONFIGURATIOR

ACTIVATE CONFIGURATOR IN CHANGE MODE->CONPONENT =DEFINED-> CONFIGDATA -> THEN ENABLE/DIABLE FEAUTERS