cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supply chain performance management( SCPM ) - BW Content Data Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey there,

I'm new in this topic and trying to get a little deeper into it. I already searched the forum but there are obviously not so many people working with this new product. There are a lot of question to ask but the one in my field with the highest priority is if there is a SCPM SAP BW Content version that delivers the whole data model from query to data source ?

We are on SCPM SP03 and our data model is starting from the very top with the delivered queries und going down to the DSO in the inbound layer. But the connection and transformation between the data sources and dso is missing. Is this is issue due to our service pack or do we face this problem in general when we are istalling/customizing scpm ?

For me itt would be even very helpful if someone could give some basic overview on the objects used in scpm

(e.g. context,model, perspective ) and especially how they depend on each other. For example to see which

steps have to be performed to include our own BW Data model into the SCPM environment because weu2019re

planning to use our own BW Data model in SCPM !.

Since now I couldnu2019t find any document where this is described. There are only documents available where

it is shown how to fill the delivered SCPM SAP BW content with data.

any hints are highly appreciated !

best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

When you are loading data through flat files, you should use the data administrator features in the SCPM user interface. There you can map flat files to SCPM objects (master data, transaction data) and trigger the data loading to the inbound layer DSOs. No transformations or datasources are needed at this point, since the SCPM delivered APIs will take care of the mapping, validation and loading to this inbound layer DSOs.

You can also connect some of these objects directly to the SAP ERP. For this you can setup standard BW extraction processes, or you can use the instructions in the Direct_Update_datasource_config.zip document from note [1239883|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1239883]. This note provides the download for the SPM Extractor Starter Kit, together with these instructions on how to setup a data load from ERP using SCPM APIs. With this you can use the UI data mapping and data loading functionality.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ricardo,

thanks for your quick reply !

At the moment I'm not focusing on flat file data because i'm just working on our test environment and try to keep it runnng using the standard bw data sources that are mentioned in the extractor guide. as i usually do in the bw environment i activate my data source, replicate it and than start building up the data flow. in our case i assume that i have to create one transformation für each data source like shown in the extractors guide !?

let's pick an example from the extractors guide:

Data Source: 0CO_OM_CCA_9

DSO: 0SPM_DS30

On page 9-10 the Transformation is shown and as the update type is direct assignment i have no problems with that. but there are also some routines mentioned and the description/ routine logic isn't saying that much to me. the question is what kind of logic do i have to implement here in the transformation or is this in general the wrong approch because also data from standard data sources is loaded by scpm program logic so that no transformation has to be created manually ?

In your last post you mentioned the "Extractor Starter Kit for Spend Performance Management(SPM)". I read note 1239883 and the attached powerpoint but i didn't come to the point where this could be useful for the SCPM topic. Probably you can try to explain this tool and the advantage for using in in combination with SCPM more in detail.

What is also missing from my point of view is a document for SCPM where the dependencies between the different opjects is described and how to set up easily my own dashboard based on my own bw data model.

i hope this makes my issues a litle bit clearer to you !

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

Your issues are clear. But perhaps you should try posting different questions in different threads. This way it makes it easier for more people to answer on different topics and it avoids very long threads where useful information is then difficult to find...

Anyway, just to answer on the data model question, if you wish to use the standard extractors, then you can use the information on the Extractor Mapping Guide to get started with your mapping.

If you want to use flat file loading, then the Business Content model is ready to receive the data and you can manage it from the Data Administration menu options in SCPM UI. The note I mentioned before is to help you if and when you are managing the data loading through this UI and you want to load directly from the ERP system.

Hope this is useful!

Best regards,

Ricardo Vieira

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

First of I saw that you are on SP03 for SCPM, currently SP06 is released being the first version of the application I would recommend being on the latest SP as soon as possible. Also make sure your BI system is on higher BI content like 7.04 SP03 or higher.

Secondly SCPM content (Infocubes, DSO, transformation, etc) are delivered as part of SCPM content. Meaning after installing the SCPM addon on the BW box you should be able to activated all the necessary content using regular BW content activation mechanism.

Third regarding the transformation I would check the BI content for this, it should have the latest transformation and other parts of the data model. So it should have the routines you mentioned for transformation from 0CO_OM_CCA_9 -> 0SPM_DS30

Forth regarding the SPM Extractor Starter Kit mentioned by Ricardo, please ignore it. Its the extractor for another application which has similar architecture as SCPM.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ricardo and Rohit,

thanks for your information provided. It was partial very helpful.

We patched our SCPM to SP06 so that we have the newest service pack installed and do not have to fear receiving errors because of our old sp. in general i had the same issue described by ulrich that i couldn't find any transformation from tata sources to the inbund layer. there were even no transformation provided with sp06 for standard scpm content.

but now i read somewhere that there are no transformations for this delivered because the inbound layer is based on dso for direct update and are filled by use of the service api. this took me very long to figure out because this information is no sap document provided that I've read since now. if I'm wrong with this please correct me and even if the mechanism works different that using the service api.

Two more questions on this topic:

1 - if sap is using the service api or lets say some custom programming to fill the inbound layer where is this coding to be found and is there a possibility to adopt those. i'm thinking of a scenario where there are some customer specific requirements that leads to some changes in within the transformation into the inbound layer.

2 - why didn't sap leverage standard bw data flow (e.g. transformations, dtps) because i myself think that ths would haven been much easier to enhance

Best regards,

Moritz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moritz,

SCPM application is designed to be flexible so customer can load data from SAP R/3 systems using BW extractors or from non-SAP systems using flat file. To accommodate this we 2 sets of objects divided into 2 info areas in the BW data model:

- Inbound Area - has standard DSO objects into which data gets loaded from standard BW extractors using transformation. We are planning to provide all these transformations as part of standard content (lot of them are already available), for the ones that are currently not provided you can use the extractor mapping guide on service marketplace (http://service.sap.com/instguidesscpm -> Supply Chain Performance Management Extractor Mapping Guide) to create your own transformations. Secondly to activate the transformation that are provided to activate them you need to make sure the data source is active and the source system which has this data source is selected (just like any other BW content data source specific transformation).

- Staging Area - has direct update DSO objects into which data gets loaded using API's, which are used when customers want to load data using flat file mechanism.

Elaborating on the above example of Supply Chain Management Cost DSO = 0SPM_DS30 this is an Inbound area DSO objects (which gets loaded from the BW extractor directly using a transformation) its corresponding Staging Area DSO object is 0SPM_DM30 (DM in the technical name stands for Data Mart). And to process data from each of the above objects we have provided 2 sets of process chains 0SPM_SCMC_LOAD_EXTR, 0SPM_SCMC_LOAD_FULL_DM.

And if you dig a little deeper into the 0SPM_SCMC_LOAD_FULL_DM process chain all we are doing is moving the data from the Staging Area object to the Inbound Area object using a transformation that mimics the transformation from extractors to the Inbound area object.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rohit