cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS, Webdynpro for Java(EHP4) , Webdynpro for ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have EHP 4.0 with MSS in Java webdynpro iviews and are primarily interested in the ECM portions of MSS.

We wants to stay with EHP 4.0 standard iViews and make minor changes to accommodate their business conditions u2013 without making any enhancements directly on the Java iViews. No setup for Netweaver Developer Studio environment or other tools for Java development.

We have to achieve the following without enhancing the Java iViews directly. Making use of existing standard error messages and RFC calls are some of the solutions suggested by the client.

1.)Display error messages on the Java iViews based on some employee infotype consistency checks

2.)Disable employees for input when they fail consistency checks

3.) For employees with multiple performance ratings, display a Java-less popup which will have a table of information as a u2018display onlyu2019 window.

Can anyone help me on any of the above given points.

Thanks,Shilpa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MarcelRabe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wouldn't call myself an expert with WDJ but we've made some changes to the XSS WebDynpro's without modifying the SAP delivered WebDynpro's. This was mostly done by creating a new page layout and adding javascript to it. By placing the XSS WebDynpro's in the new pages we could manipulate some parts of the functionality.

However, now that we have NWDI in place we prefer the route where we modify the application instead of workiarounds.

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

How do you create a new page layout? Is that at a higher level than the Views? I am very new to webDynPro but a very experienced web developer and web sys admin.. webDynPro is just a totally different animal than any other web architecture.

Very hands off from the front-end code and I really need to add a javascript include on all our pages.