cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cache does not show all config items

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

SXI_CACHE is not showing all my config items.

When looking at SXI_CACHE, I noticed that only the config items pertaining to actual SAP services (Business Systems) seem to show up?? Is this normal? I've refreshed the cache (both delta, and full).

Also, when I double-click on Services, all the services show up, but the ones that are not actual SAP systems have an 'X' in the 'Flag' column ("Event has occurred") What does that mean?

Background:

We are in the prototype stage; I am the only one in the box. I created a simple File-BAPI scenario just to demonstrate that things worked. For the last couple months, the comm channel was set to Inactive. Attempted to reActivate the comm channel to get back in to it, and it's not working. I've double-checked everything I can think of, from the obvious (is there a file to be pulled), to the not-so-obvious (was the scenario changed by someone else in my absence).

Also, there are not sender agreements listed in SXI_CACHE?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot see Sender Agreement. For the communication channel , click on the Business Service and check that.

Did u check the RWB->Adapter Monitoring? Is it up and running.

Check this guide for the Adapter Monitoring-

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700002757652005E/HowtoMintorAF.pdf

Regards,

Moorthy

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

Seems odd that the Sender Agreement can not be viewed in the cache - I believe you, but is there a reason?

I'm not sure how I can click on the Business Service in SXI_CACHE?

I double-checked the Adapter monitoring - it's okay (green).

Forgot to mention I'm on SP15.

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

Also note, tried using Tools-Test Configuration: pasted in XML payload, and specified Sender Service, Sender Interface, and Receiver Service - Sender Agreement and Receiver Determination work fine (green checkmarks), but Interface Determination and Mapping shows Red minus sign with nothing in the log???

I checked my Interface Determination and the Interface Mapping behind it, and they're both fine.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are using Business Service right ? Did you add the Inbound and Outbound Interfaces explicitly into the Business Service.. under Sender and Receiver Tab..

Also redo the Interface determination and activate it and try it out. May be cache problem. also check Receiver agreement

Regards,

moorthy

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually, I wasn't using Business Service, I was using Business Systems from the SLD as Services without Party.

However, I just created a Business Service, filled in the Inbound and Outbound Interfaces, created Comm Channels, RD, ID, SA, RA, and activated all - still no luck. This time, some of the pieces DO show up in the cache. The ID, RA, and the Receiver CC show up in the cache, the RD, SA, and the Sender CC do not.

This has got to be a cache problem. We are using a VERY old and slow machine to run XI on. Each time I activate something in the DR or CD, I have to go to SXI_CACHE and Start Delta Refresh. I'm thinking there may be a timeout setting or something. What's frustrating is that it used to work just fine.

Any other cache related ideas?

***EDIT - just rechecked - getting messages from newly created Business Service, but they are failing in mapping....I guess I need to delete and recreate everything and try again. Maybe that will clear up the cache issue....

Message was edited by: Brian Vanderwiel

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a document about Cache Refresh in XI.

Go thru that- you will get many options-

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700003163902004E/HowTo_handle_XI_30_Caches.pdf

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (0)